• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof 1999 S "Accented Hair" Kennedy Found!

15 posts in this topic

Looks more like the "Spear headed" variety.

Sadly, only old die cracks get variety designations. Hey wait a minute isn't that prejudice or age discrimination? Who would think the coin industry would do such a thing?

It's a neat crack but the accented hair only went to the 1964 proofs. Big difference between modern proof details than the 64's.

1964ProofSetkennedyAccentedhair.jpg

Bobby, which variety of the A/H is that, the FS-401 or the FS-103 that has the DDO? I tried enlarging it, but I can't tell if there is any doubling or not.

Chris

Looks more like the "Spear headed" variety.

Sadly, only old die cracks get variety designations. Hey wait a minute isn't that prejudice or age discrimination? Who would think the coin industry would do such a thing?

But it is a variety, it's called the "spaghetti" hair variety.

Here is a blast from the past. Remember him?

P3190334.jpg

Yes, I do, but the name you gave it doesn't go over too well with me. Names like this are more appropriate for SleazeBay.

Chris

P3190334.jpg

Yes, I do, but the name you gave it doesn't go over too well with me. Names like this are more appropriate for SleazeBay.

Chris

I didn't give him that name someone else did on PCGS coin forum..

P3190334.jpg

Chris

I didn't give him that name someone else did on PCGS coin forum..

In that case, please accept my apology.

Chris