• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Introducing: The Second Annual NGC Secret Santa Swap!!!!

53 posts in this topic

Well, as soon as Santa comes down the street tomorrow in the Macy's Thanksgiving day Parade, it will be Christmas time again folks, and that means (among other things) presents! I organized this last year, and it seemed like everyone really enjoyed it, so I figured I would do it again. So, let the Second Annual NGC Chat Boards Secret Santa Swap commence! Its incredibly simple:

1. If you are interested in playing, send me a PM with your address before the evening of Saturday, December 4th (even if you played last year, send me your address again, I've deleted those PMs)

2. I'll randomize the names, and assign each person someone to send a gift to (by PM) (the person you send a gift to will not be the person sending you a gift)

3. Pick a small coin-related gift you think your person will like, under $25 (to keep it from getting outlandish, and to keep anyone from feeling like they got stiffed).

4. Send your gift out before Saturday December 11th.

5. When you receive your present, I'll have a second thread where you can post what you got and who you got it from.

Gifts should be coins, coin books, or something along the general coin theme.

So lets get into the giving spirit, and let the coin swap begin!

Well, assignments have been sent out! We had 18 participants this year, a great number I think! Try and send your present out by next weekend, so that everyone can get their packages by Christmas. Remember, it should be a fairly modest (~$25) numismatically themed gift (coin, book, etc.)

When you get your present, post a picture or description on the thread I will start for the purpose. Last year, we had some pretty cool gifts exchanged.

I'm getting a bit lazy in my old age. It will go out tomorrow.

Chris

Me too...and also busy as heck. I did get it picked out and labeled in the envelope this afternoon so I'll mail it tomorrow also....