• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When things get serious! posted by sethwells

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

This is that exact moment.

Today I went and sold a few coins Ive owned for a couple years. I made money on all the coins sold so I decided to make my most expensive purchase to date. People talk about the exact time when they knew things were getting serious. When this coin comes in the mail and I add it to my set I will take the #10 spot. Ive had my eye on this coin for a few months, it is a 1964 NGC PF70 W CAMEO. It is the highest graded washington before 1974. Before I purchased it I did a lot of research and came to the conclusion that to take a top 3 ranking in the 1950-1998 Proof Washington set, you have to have every top pop possible. Now I alone will have the top pop for this year and maybe with some hard work and luck I might have a chance to get into the top 3. I have posted a scan of this coin for all to marvel and drool over as I have done for the past few months building up to today!

7900.jpg

See more journals by sethwells

I know that feeling my friend, gets you deep in the pit of your stomach, almost as bad as your first puppy love. Congrats, and best of luck in climbing the ladder, it definitely shows effort. I collect half eagles, so no matter I could find the coins that would propel me to the top or not, they would be so rare that only a billionaire could afford to break one loose from it's present owner. When goals are within reach, we must leap at the opportunity. In my case though, I have to accept that I am never going to own a 1854-S in top grade, or any grade. But as collectors we never stop trying, do we. I'm not into moderns but I sure do feel your passion. Thanks for sharing and bringing back memories of puppy love!