• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleaned or not? (comm half)

9 posts in this topic

Not sure about the grade on these but it looks problem free to me. I'm sure there are others hat are more familiar with this series but my own opinion would be AU.

I let it pass...didn't like the scratched face after taking a better look at it and the spot on the neck. Been trying to find one with this time of look for a while, oh well.

Just for my info ya'll, what are the signs on this coin to indicate the cleaning? Thanks!!
To me, it looks too glossy/shiny looking, especially in the first set of images.

Bsshog40: Ive noticed that with Morgans, a cleaned one will not have that cartwheel glare to it. Also, most coins have a textured look to them. Then they are cleaned, they sometimes lose that look. Check all devices on the coins. When they are cleaned sometimes gunk will build up around the small devices. The only way to clean that out would be to wipe.

Like MarkFled said, they will look glossy.