• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long do you keep a pocket piece in your pocket?

8 posts in this topic

I have a 1936 silver dollar I've been carrying in my pocket for at least the last 5 years. It started out as a harshly cleaned AU but now is down to Fine condition. If I could find the scratched 1904 Philippino peso I had I'd switch. My 5th grade teacher has a Morgan dollar he'd been carrying for 30+ years that had worn down to Poor condition, but I don't feel like letting this one get that slick.

How long do you keep your pocket pieces until you switch to new ones?

I won this details coin on a Heritage auction with the intention of making it a pocket piece. However, when it arrived, I liked it too much to make it pocket piece even though it had been cleaned so it's still in it's holder.

182650C-1.jpg

I won this details coin on a Heritage auction with the intention of making it a pocket piece. However, when it arrived, I liked it too much to make it pocket piece even though it had been cleaned so it's still in it's holder.

182650C-1.jpg

Agreed. That is a really nice lookin CBH that you wouldn't want to ruin!