• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Contest: Book Title

33 posts in this topic

Winner of this contest will receive this:

1946SBTWObv.jpg

1946SBTWhdobvs.jpg

Purchased from Commemdude, Dr. Mike, who won it out of one of Jeremy's Charity Auctions.

My book in around the Classic Commemorative Series of coins, including gold issues. I may add the Norse Medal if I can get some true history around the piece. I know a person who can be of major assistance to me. My work is for collectors and I want as many collectors involved in this as possible.

I feel the title should be based on the history, events, and people, who had a part in this series coming to life in 1892 and continuing thru 1954.

The winner will also be forever famous by having a line in the book as the title contributor. :)

Please post your thoughts here or by PM.

Let's all have some fun with this and don't think your title may be too "out of the norm", you may just be a winner. :)

I'll let this run for a couple weeks or until no more contributions given for a period of time.

History For Your Pocket :The story of Americas early Commemorative coins 1892-1954.

Or History In Your Pocket. I couldn't decide which was better :blush:

"The Coins Al Capone Never Owned"

“Moby Coin”

“A Tale of Fifty-Two Commemoratives”

“Moneta”

“One Flew Over the Commemorative Nest”

“Great Exhibitionists”

“Corrupt Coins”

“Robber Dukes”

“Your Fortune in Rare Commemorative Coins”

“Buy This Book”

“To Kill a Commemorative” (featuring “Jem” and “Bu” nee: Boo)

“Hyping History”

“Local Pork or Fleecing the Flock”

“Illustrated Guide to U.S. Commemorative Coins – 1892-1954”

(Just teasing.....)

"The Coins Al Capone Never Owned"

“Moby Coin”

“A Tale of Fifty-Two Commemoratives”

“Moneta”

“One Flew Over the Commemorative Nest”

“Great Exhibitionists”

“Corrupt Coins”

“Robber Dukes”

“Your Fortune in Rare Commemorative Coins”

“Buy This Book”

“To Kill a Commemorative” (featuring “Jem” and “Bu” nee: Boo)

“Hyping History”

“Local Pork or Fleecing the Flock”

“Illustrated Guide to U.S. Commemorative Coins – 1892-1954”

You Go RWB!! lol

Lee's book takes a different view of commemoratives than others - he emphasizes the events and people, as well as including the usual basics. Much of this is not available elsewhere.

Thank you for all the replys. Contest ends at midnight tomorrow, eastern time. If I decide no winner with replys given will have another contest at some time in the future to give this fine example of a BTW in an early holder away. :)

Thanks Again!!! (thumbs u

Still mulling it over my friend. :)

All good things take time. I just want to ensure I'm happy with the title and my decision behind it.

Thanks for asking though. :)