• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New pix old coin, NGC Avatar.

18 posts in this topic

Here are a couple of pix of my NGC Avatar coin taken by Shane Canup. I think he did an excellent job. It is always interesting to me to see what different imaging techniques bring out in a coin. The scratches on the cheek are very much highlighted in the obverse image. While they are unquestionably there, IMO, in hand, they are not nearly as in your face as the pic makes them look. I think Shane nailed the look of the reverse.

scAvatar.jpg

scAvatarRev.jpg

If I knew he expected me to send it back I never would have agreed to image it lol

If I'd known you had it, I would have paid you a visit.

Chris

Thanks guys, glad you like it. I certainly went belly up for it.

Here is your free avatar version, 75 x 75 pixels, nicely shrunk down with minimal distortion!

junk1181.jpg

Excellent James! Thank you very much! :applause:

Very nice image of a spectacular Morgan. I had the opportunity a year ago to image this wonderful coin. I think Shane will agree that it was a fun experience. With just a minimum of light the colors just jump out.

I can personally vouch of two facts. One, the image shown is most definitely not juiced :cool: (more likely would be that the image is toned down some) and Two, he will have to return it. :sorry:

Very nice image of a spectacular Morgan. I had the opportunity a year ago to image this wonderful coin. I think Shane will agree that it was a fun experience. With just a minimum of light the colors just jump out.

I can personally vouch of two facts. One, the image shown is most definitely not juiced :cool: (more likely would be that the image is toned down some) and Two, he will have to return it. :sorry:

I believe I even told Sy that I had to remove some of the color saturation etc as the coin looked juiced right out of the camera so Bob is 100% correct.....but Sy did let me keep the coin so we are now best friends :whee::whistle:

I believe I even told Sy that I had to remove some of the color saturation etc as the coin looked juiced right out of the camera so Bob is 100% correct.....but Sy did let me keep the coin so we are now best friends :whee::whistle:

Great image of a beautiful Morgan. We are so proud that Sy decided to give up this beauty. :baiting::insane:

Great image of a beautiful Morgan. We are so proud that Sy decided to give up this beauty. :baiting::insane:

All I ever got was a T-shirt. :taptaptap:

All I ever got was a T-shirt. :taptaptap:

:fear: