• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my newps from Boston ANA

15 posts in this topic

Congratulations on a beautiful acquisition.

I have owned 3 or 4 from the same small group that one originated from. Each has a fairly similar toning pattern and colors, and and is easily recognizable as being "related". See below ;)

quarter1928.jpg

Thanks all. Mark Charlie Brown told me an interesting story about how this small group of coins came to be.
Hi Jack, what did Charlie say?

I had heard something years ago, about some type of bank holder with about 12-15 coins(?), if I remember right. But I am sure Charlie's information is more accurate and detailed than that. ;)

Charlie told me that A group of 12 coins came in from the same source. seems the coins, all 1928's were put in the shape of a clock in 1928 as an anniversary gift. They stayed in this holder for quite some time and were sold as is to a dealer.

Charlie told me that almost all of them graded 67 and that one or two got full head.

Thanks, Jack.

I have seen 1 or 2 with FH and the rest, mostly MS66's, along with a few 67's. I think Delaware Valley was the dealer who initially bought the group, years ago.

The toning on the obverse is fantastic, but if the images are true I probably would have avoided it for the dark black splotchy reverse - which has probably advanced to the stage of damage.

How well does the luster shine through the thick toning? With a grade like 67, I imagine it must beam like headlights.