• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1910-D $10 Indian - Guess The Grade

25 posts in this topic

(Inspired by another recent $10 Indian post.)

In a PCGS holder, grade will be revealed in a few days.

(James, you may recognize the coin, but can still guess if you like.)

That's all the hints that I am giving.

1157035_Full_Obv.jpg

1157035_Full_Rev.jpg

Hello Hi-Ho. I guess I'm your inspiration for this post lol.

That's a great looking Indian. If I had to take a guess, judging from the rub on the obverse and the nicks & wear mainly on the reverse, I would grade this one a solid MS60. It's a real beauty & one of my favorite series.

(James, you may recognize the coin, but can still guess if you like.)

I'll decline a guess this time :) !

Ladies and gentlemen, an honest man! :grin:

I guess I'm your inspiration for this post lol.

You were indeed the inspiration and your grade is exactly what I would have guessed if I didn't know the PCGS assessment.

I'm new to collecting, but i'm guessing MS63 or MS64.

Based on Heritage photos i saw much worse looking MS63 than yours. But it is only photos, right?

I LOVE the coin!!

I own 1910 Indian too and i still dont know the grade. Here in "Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?", guys was guessing that i have max AU58 (i don't have good camera for good photos..). One guy in coin show said for me that i have MS63 and tried to buy from me for AU50 price.. So i guess i will submit my coin to NGC or PCGS to make sure no one is trying to rip me off :D

Quite a few people thought that this appeared to be an MS62 eagle and that's what it looks like to me.

PCGS said AU58.

This came from the recent Scotsman Summer auction. I would like to thank James for his excellent descriptions, a very big reason I bid to win on this.

Forget the plastic, I love this coin! :grin:

...aren't WE up early??? :)

I'm actually not a vampire, I work nights keeping a television network on the air. :whistle:

Which network? BTW, nice coin!

Quite a few people thought that this appeared to be an MS62 eagle and that's what it looks like to me.

PCGS said AU58.

This came from the recent Scotsman Summer auction. I would like to thank James for his excellent descriptions, a very big reason I bid to win on this.

You picked a winner :golfclap: !!

I absolutely love it when my fellow collectors pick up great coins and have a lot of pride in showing them off. Terrific! Here was my brief description:

"AU-58 is the ideal grade, as assigned by PCGS, since there are no signs of wear readily apparent, but a shift in surface texture and color at the high points provide evidence of scant friction. Lustrous and practically indistinguishable from mint-state."

PCGS said AU58.

You picked a winner :golfclap: !!

I absolutely love it when my fellow collectors pick up great coins and have a lot of pride in showing them off. Terrific! Here was my brief description:

"AU-58 is the ideal grade, as assigned by PCGS, since there are no signs of wear readily apparent, but a shift in surface texture and color at the high points provide evidence of scant friction. Lustrous and practically indistinguishable from mint-state."

The last sentence sealed the deal for me James. :grin:

...aren't WE up early??? :)

I'm actually not a vampire, I work nights keeping a television network on the air. :whistle:

Which network? BTW, nice coin!

peacock.jpg

Please watch, we can use the ratings...:grin:

I was being kind! It did not look together enough to me for a AU58 but then PCGS grades AU gold differently then NGC does, so there you go!