• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Newest Prooflike

24 posts in this topic

And the quest continues! Just picked up this lovely little thing from Heritage. It doesn't appear in the census, so it is probably the only one of the type (and recently graded, as you can see). NGC called it MS-65PL, and CAC agreed.

I can't wait to have this one in my hands!!!!

102682.jpg.0203f568b0b532ed9ea55e62b715c880.jpg

102683.jpg.8877d3bb17820770a9098493a097f55d.jpg

I was disappointed that I loss this bid, but glad you got it! Great pick up Jason.

Ah, so it was you I was up against? Good game, well played, but since this is the only prooflike known for a one year type, I had to have it.

Do you collect prooflikes?

I was disappointed that I loss this bid, but glad you got it! Great pick up Jason.

Ah, so it was you I was up against? Good game, well played, but since this is the only prooflike known for a one year type, I had to have it.

Pockets ran out of hope....so to speak, I really wanted this for my V nickel collection. I bailed out at the half way point. Not even close, shamefully my numis-knowledge laid an egg

Pockets ran out of hope....so to speak, I really wanted this for my V nickel collection. I bailed out at the half way point. Not even close, shamefully my numis-knowledge laid an egg

If I ever see another Prooflike V nickel at a good price, I'll let you know.

Another excellent pickup Jason! :applause: From what I remember, don't you have another Liberty nickel PL (with cents I assume)? I think it's cool that you are trying to put together a full PL typeset.

Michael, I got it in the recent Heritage auction for $800. It was a bit more than I was expecting, but for a piece this unique I had to do it.

And yes Sy, I did recently purchase the with cents model 1902, NGC MS-64PL:

1119397_Full_Obv.jpg

1119397_Full_Rev.jpg

1883 "no cents" has to be one of the most underrated type coins around. They are available, can easily be found attractive, and eminently affordable. It's one of those coins where "every collector should have one". I think yours is fantastic!