• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1897 PR IHC Arrived Today

22 posts in this topic

Coin was shipped on July 16th First Class/Insured. Checked my mailbox on Saturday and saw my "Final Notice". Man was I pissed!!!!!! I never got the first notice. I jumped in the truck and drove five miles to catch up to the lady who delivers my mail and laid into her. Been off, kid sick, etc, etc. Then she tells me she's off on Monday. She said she'd make sure it was delivered Monday, and it was. :)

Bought from Charmy, Todd (BlueCC image):

1897IHCObv1.jpg

A couple quick images with my Pentax Kx and a Pentax 100mm lens:

1897IHCObvA.jpg

1897IHCObv.jpg

1897IHCRev.jpg

Charmy had a sticker on the holder with "Cameo" written on it. Has beautiful emerald green both obverse and reverse and a few other colors mixed in too. :grin:

That's a beauty.!

Your story about the mail lady made me smile. Only a few minutes before I read this post, I got a call from a friend. She's picking me up to go have steaks at another friend's house who also happens to be the postmaster here. She's a great cook too.

I'm glad your coin didn't get returned.

from first looks it is a really great eye appealling coin and i bet the photo does not hold a candle to how it looks in hand sight seen

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

proof 66+ cam rb

Great Proof.Is it in a slab?Sure looks Cameo from those pictures. Recently we were cleaning brush around the front here and found two of those pink Signature required usps notices under the old dead grass.

It does have a cameo look to it but I know PCGS does not like to designate cameo on IHC's.......looks better than a 64 but I know hairlines usually don't show up well in images of proof IHC's so I assume that's what's holding the coins grade back but...who cares :applause:

It does have a cameo look to it but I know PCGS does not like to designate cameo on IHC's.......

PCGS used to have a policy that they would not designate CAM/DCAM on any copper that was not designated red. I don't know if they still do that.

It does have a cameo look to it but I know PCGS does not like to designate cameo on IHC's.......

PCGS used to have a policy that they would not designate CAM/DCAM on any copper that was not designated red. I don't know if they still do that.

I believe it to be true. "Buy the coin, not the holder." :)

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and comments!

Thanks again everyone! :)

Just joined the Collectors Society as a paying member, I like to track submissions. Couldn't do that as an ANA member, which I am. Quit the PCGS Collectors Club over a year ago. Haven't submitted any coins to them since. Any coin that I want to have graded will go to NGC now. :)

The 1897 IHC will go in as a crossover hoping for the Cameo Designation. Charmy, The Penny Lady, had a Cameo sticker on the holder, so we'll see. I'll post the results when known.

Thanks again everyone! :)

Just joined the Collectors Society as a paying member, I like to track submissions. Couldn't do that as an ANA member, which I am. Quit the PCGS Collectors Club over a year ago. Haven't submitted any coins to them since. Any coin that I want to have graded will go to NGC now. :)

The 1897 IHC will go in as a crossover hoping for the Cameo Designation. Charmy, The Penny Lady, had a Cameo sticker on the holder, so we'll see. I'll post the results when known.

Lee,

Here is hoping your 1897 proof IHC joins mine the ranks of the Cameo designated. It really is tough to take photos of these coins. I could never figure it out so I still use Brandon Kelley's photo from Anaconda.

IndianCent1897NGCPF66RBCAMEOLarg-1.jpg

Lee,

Here is hoping your 1897 proof IHC joins mine the ranks of the Cameo designated. It really is tough to take photos of these coins. I could never figure it out so I still use Brandon Kelley's photo from Anaconda.

IndianCent1897NGCPF66RBCAMEOLarg-1.jpg

:o

I'm not worthy. ;) Super example Paul!!!!

Grade results posted this morning. It is now in the proper holder:

NGC PR64 BN Cameo

:cloud9:

If I'm reading the Census data correctly: :kidaround:

This is the only BN Cameo

Three in RB Cameo (Pauls at the top of this list) :)

One in RD Cameo