• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have an eBay question for you all

7 posts in this topic

I hope you don't mind. At one point, I was selling a lot of stuff on eBay, and they sent a notice that I was eligible to be a "power seller" (this was in 2001 or 2002 I think). So it seemed like a nice program and it didn't cost anything so I signed up. Later I stopped selling a lot, and they notified me that I was no longer eligible, so since I didn't care I stopped being one. Then a month or two ago I got another notice saying I was eligible again, but since I sell in fits and starts I wasn't interested, so this time I just ignored it and left well enough alone. Well, now I just looked at my ebay bidding page and the "power seller" logo is back! What gives? Can they make you a power seller even if you don't want to be one? Thanks in advance for any input, and sorry for the eBay OT!

Same thing has happened to me. I've been a bronze level and silver level, neither of my doing, except that I sold enough to qualify. It doesn't hurt and you can get good customer service if necessary. I just go with the flow... sleeping.gif

Hoot

That is the case. If you meet their selling requirements in dollars you are a power seller. Unfortunately this is not always a good thing as new, unsuspecting types can mis-read this as to being ethical.

I modulate between being a power seller of one level or another. I believe there is an option (somewhere?) between displaying the PS icon or not. I think you can turn it off if you don't want bidders to know you qualify. Sorry, I can't tell you exactly how to turn it off.

I was one and then got the notice I was no longer one since my selling dropped below the required level. Just yesterday I noticed my PS icon is back, but I haven't sold in quite some time. confused.gif

In your preferences you can turn off the icon. Stay a PS since you can actually get help from eBay because you are a PS.