• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Birthday America!

19 posts in this topic

As many of you know, 4th of July is my absolute favorite holiday of the year. I love the parades, I love the fireworks, I love everything the holiday is about. I love my country. So join me in celebrating America, lighting off fireworks, and eating my famous carrot cake! ;)

And post a red, white, and blue coin if you have one :hi:

2528673-010O.jpg

2528673-010R.jpg

Don't have any toners to contribute, but here is a link to what I think is my favorite piece of music related to our nation's independance...........the lyrics are by Thomas Jefferson

I should have posted these two items yesterday! Here are the two items I have in my collection that were really printed or minted in 1776.

The first is a 1776 guinea (21 shillings) with good old George III himself on the obverse.

1776guineaO.jpg1776guineaR.jpg

The second is a two thirds of the dollar Continental Currency note from 1776.

TwoThirdsFront.jpgTwoThirdsBack.jpg

Happy 4th ya'll even tho' I'm a little late on this. About as close to red, white, and blue as I can come there Jason.

1955s-roosey-r.jpg

Chris, what coin did that eagle come from? I'm guessing a commemorative, because I don't recognize it.

I don't have any idea, Jason. Stefanie, coinsarefun, posted it on her site, and I told her I was taking it. You'd have to ask her where she got it.

Chris

Here is another that she posted, and I stole it, too!

100747.jpg.5739de8e8aba3a54a4fd6b8408cd7684.jpg

I also did one plain with a shadow.

Is from a 5 ounce silver bar :grin:

eagleIV.jpg

or just plain.......................

eaglewallpaper.jpg

Franklin clocks are neat too :)

franklinclock.jpg