• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a cameo Franklin or Kennedy.

44 posts in this topic

Ya' know, much as I like toner Franklins, it was cameo Franklins that got me started. It seems that over the last couple of years we've had less and less posts of cameo Franklins and Kennedys, and I still find them beautiful coins. Some dates have obviously proven to be easier to find than was originally hypothesized 25 years ago, but others have proven very tough indeed. If anybody could post the Pop reports of proof Franklins to this thread (assuming it doesn't bother TPTB) it would be interesting to see where things now stand. In any case please post some of your cameo Franklins and Kennedys!!!

NGC PR66CAM

sh1951fh.jpg

NGC PR66CAM

sh1952fh.jpg

NGC PR67CAM

sh1953fh1.jpg

NGC PR67UCAM

sh1954fh.jpg

Some Lovely coins everyone!!! :golfclap: It sure is good to see these cameos! Thank you Schatzy for posting the totals. It is interesting how few UCAMs there are for some years.

Some Lovely coins everyone!!! :golfclap: It sure is good to see these cameos! Thank you Schatzy for posting the totals. It is interesting how few UCAMs there are for some years.

No prob.....I used to own a 1962 NGC PF68UC.....I wish I never would have sold her!!

The PF69UC always sell for big bucks!!

I think there needs to be a drool icon.

Great looking coins everyone. I have my sights on someday owning killer Cameo coins like these.

I love them all!!!

My new pride and joy.

junk50fronklin009.jpg

I know i just posted these pics, but hey....

junk50fronklin012.jpg

I remember that 54 well... What a killer coin. Heck all were nice, but that one just really stands out!

There was also a 1960 I remember standing out also.

Nice PL FF! :applause:

Here's my birthyear Frankie. There is only one known die from 1958 that is known to make killer cameos... cameos comparable to the best from 1956 or 1963. Only about 15 of the 1958s are known to exist with this top level of contrast. It took me 17 years to find one.

1958fr67dcam2obv.jpg1958fr67dcam2rev.jpg

SkyMan, that frosting is so thick. Wow,

I have a descent star that i sent in. The obverse is close to your coin, but nothing on the reverse. What a great find!

If ever you decide to sell off anything, please let me know. I am only 3 to 4 years into trying to put a set together and i still need a 1950 to complete the set, then i need a bunch of upgrading to make it a nice set. Still the thrill of the hunt is the best part.

What a great set you have put together.

Here is a Cameo 67 SMS. It sits in a NGC MS67 Cameo holder. The crud on the left is on the holder, not the coin. I didn't even see it until i looked at the picture.

Keep the pics coming please. I enjoy seeing whats out there.

cams002.jpg

An "economy model" (didn't cost me anywhere near $1,500) 1964 Kennedy in Proof 67 Cameo.

1964JFKHalfDolO-1.jpg1964JFKHalfDolR-1.jpg

A 1978-S Ultra Cameo Kennedy. I know they are common, but don't wish all cameo Proofs looked like this?

1978-SHalfDollarO.jpg1978-SHalfDollarR.jpg

WOW, what great coins. You must have been extremely excited to see those grades come back.

Good for you.

How many sets did you start with to pull so many Cameo coins out? I have bought 40 or 50 proof sets that were previously unopened and not one had a Cameo Franklin. Many other cameos were in the sets, but not the ones i was after.

Thanks for sharing, Matt

I have decided to include the Franklin cameos to my collecting focus. These coins just blow me away.

Thank you, Matt

It was shear luck, I had about (100) sets ranging from 1956 I think to 1964 that I bought as a group.....

(10) of the sets were sealed 1958's, of those there were a total of (8) Cameos...

.....yes it was very exciting....but just lucky no skill involved..the older I get I will probably forget the luck part and attribute it to skill.......... :grin: