• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm a sucker for eagle motifs. Post your favorite coins with eagles on them

23 posts in this topic

These are some of my favorites ( The Lincoln commem is my all time favorite eagle design)...........Please post yours. MJ

lincolnrev.jpg

9.jpg

1939phdrev.jpg

stonemtrev.jpg

1947-mg01875r.jpg

Some really sweet coins MJ. :applause:

A lot of my faves have been posted, but I'll throw in a couple more...

Constitution87_N70UCamOb.jpg

1920SaintRevSm.jpg

One of favorite coins, the 1792 half disme reverse ...

1792HDRev.jpg

And the small eagle reverse for the 1797, 13 star half dime ...

1797HalfDime13R.jpg

And the type I $20 gold piece reverse ...

186120R.jpg

Forever and ever my favorite eagle on any coin, ever:

TexasObverse.jpg

Other than the "archangel" swoop of the wings, it's about the best representation of how a bald eagle actually looks I've found on our coinage.

:cloud9:

Wow!!! Every eagle posted was sizzling........RR, VERY cool slide show...........Thank you. MJ

Boiler, you slay me...............In a great way (worship):applause:

MJ

MJ I have always been a big fan of Morgan's "defiant eagle" designs seen here on the Shield Earring dollar J1703 and Schoolgirl dollar J1609 but I have to admit the Lincoln commemorative is an improvement to his original concept.

BTW you have really been tempting me with your beautifully toned commems................. so far I have managed to resist that area of numismatics??????? hm

face_off.jpg

MJ I have always been a big fan of Morgan's "defiant eagle" designs seen here on the Shield Earring dollar J1703 and Schoolgirl dollar J1609 but I have to admit the Lincoln commemorative is an improvement to his original concept.

BTW you have really been tempting me with your beautifully toned commems................. so far I have managed to resist that area of numismatics??????? hm

The Shield Earring and Schoolgirl dollar are so amongst my favorite patterns and coins of all time.

FYI- There are lots of things I could use in life I guess. The last one I need is you entering the commem market! :makepoint::grin:

MJ