• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some fun raw purchases.

29 posts in this topic

Nothing major here, just some fun raw 1958 mint set coins...

Images by Shane Canup, and I think he did an excellent job.

1958MSWashie.jpg

1958MSWashieRev.jpg

Washie58d.jpg

Washie58dR.jpg

1958MSRoosie.jpg

1958MSRoosieRev.jpg

1958MSLincoln.jpg

1958MSLincolnRev.jpg

That quarter and dime match exceedingly well - now you need to find the half that goes with it. Very nice "fun" coins.

Why stop at the half, gotta get the $1 coin too.

Nice toning, all of them.

That quarter and dime match exceedingly well - now you need to find the half that goes with it. Very nice "fun" coins.

Thanks, guys! I'm actually contemplating the half now that I have the quarter and dime in my possession.

As to the the $1, believe me, I'd be the first in line for one... ;)

Shane, the others will be posted April 18... a memorable date in the Philadelphia region in 1958.

Thanks, guys! I'm actually contemplating the half now that I have the quarter and dime in my possession.

As to the the $1, believe me, I'd be the first in line for one... ;)

Shane, the others will be posted April 18... a memorable date in the Philadelphia region in 1958.

April 18 is my bday and my duaghters :) Nice pickups by the way! Ill be picking up ALOT of toners tomorrow morning, lots of franklins and washingtons :)

Really nice coins.

What made 58 such a great year for these?

I believe with the 1957 and 1958 mint sets the tissue paper used to surround the cardboard holders might have had a bit more sulfer content then in years past but I have also heard tale that their may have been some difference in planchet prep...i.e a different type of wash or something etc that caused the coins to be more reactive to their environment. I also thought that the glue use to seal the tissue paper to the backside of the 1958 sets may have played a part but since most of the 1957 sets aren't glued down and they can be found with the same neon rainbow toning my theory has some holes in it!

My Gosh, Sy, you need to buy that Franklin Shane just posted and complete the set. This is the kind of thing that would look stunning in a multi-coin slab.

Jason, how can you say he would have a complete set when he doesn't have the $1 coin?

Chris

My Gosh, Sy, you need to buy that Franklin Shane just posted and complete the set. This is the kind of thing that would look stunning in a multi-coin slab.

Jason, how can you say he would have a complete set when he doesn't have the $1 coin?

Chris

Because they didn't make $1 coins in 1958 ;) I'm also not including the nickel and cent, which don't tone the same. For the purposes of this trio, I'm talking solely about the dime, quarter, and half. I have a similar trio, which I've shown before:

1958RoosObv_003.jpg

1958RoosRev_013.jpg

1958WashObv_012.jpg

1958WashRev_007.jpg

1958FranklinObv_017.jpg

1958FranklinRev_015.jpg

Very attractive trio, Jason.

As to the Frankie, yeah, I may very well purchase it. However, I think it is only fair to warn you that I already purchased THE P mint Frankie (and Washie and Roosie) from the set, hence Shane's earliest comments on this thread.

Chris

Because they didn't make $1 coins in 1958

I know that, but didn't you see that earlier post?

Chris

Very attractive trio, Jason.

As to the Frankie, yeah, I may very well purchase it. However, I think it is only fair to warn you that I already purchased THE P mint Frankie (and Washie and Roosie) from the set, hence Shane's earliest comments on this thread.

It is kinda hard to buy a toyota when you already bought the Rolls Royce lol

Oh, now you have me salivating. Please please please pretty please show me

April 18 they'll be posted.

Diapers optional on April 18th cause you are going to mess yourself :devil:

It's a good thing he's in South Carolina and I'm in South Florida. Prevailing winds don't generally blow from that direction, do they?

Chris

It's a good thing he's in South Carolina and I'm in South Florida. Prevailing winds don't generally blow from that direction, do they?

Chris

We are safe buddy ^^

It is kinda hard to buy a toyota when you already bought the Rolls Royce lol

Haven't you been watching the news? Sometimes Toyotas are much more exciting that any Rolls...

Will this be bigger than "the big one"?

Will this be bigger than "the big one"?

I really can't let the cat out of the bag just yet David would never forgive me :whistle: