• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alternative to PayPal

18 posts in this topic

Alternative to PayPal

I am slowly moving away from paypal and have found and use GunPal.

Do not let the name fool you. You can use GunPal for anything that is legal to sell.

“GUNPAL is an alternative to PayPal™ that does not discriminate based on the nature of your transaction, requiring only that the merchandise or services you purchase be legal.”

I also like a new feature where you can take Credit cards manually.

Virtual Terminal allows GUNPAL users to process Credit Card payments from customers over the phone, at a trade show or anywhere with computer access.

The Fees are about the same as Paypals.

Fees for payments received vary based on the transaction amount and volume:

For Personal Accounts:

· 2.8% + $0.30 for all transactions

For Business Accounts:

· There are no monthly or setup fees for a businss account.

· 2.8% + $0.30 with monthly transaction volume below $5000.(includes access to Virtual Terminal)

· 2.7% + $0.30 with monthly transaction volume above or equal to $5000. (includes access to Virtual Terminal)

I just some of you guys might want to check it out.

www.gunpal.com

It might be a good alternative when more businesses start using it also. I know I deal with on-line companies that link right back to paypal which is convenient.

GUNPAL has to be the worst name ever

What the hell were they thinking ? maybe all they buy is GUNS !

They were probably afraid that PayPal wouldn't take too kindly to their opting for a name similar to theirs, but if you think about it, how many times have we heard someone say, "I saw this (such and such) coin on eBay that I really wanted, but I just couldn't pull the trigger." I would imagine that that same scenario arises for many other auction/purchase categories.

Chris

They were probably afraid that PayPal wouldn't take too kindly to their opting for a name similar to theirs, but if you think about it, how many times have we heard someone say, "I saw this (such and such) coin on eBay that I really wanted, but I just couldn't pull the trigger." I would imagine that that same scenario arises for many other auction/purchase categories.

Chris

The only reason they made the Gunpal is because you can not use paypal to buy a gun and people wanted a internet site that they could use to buy guns.

Chris

The only reason they made the Gunpal is because you can not use paypal to buy a gun and people wanted a internet site that they could use to buy guns.

Jaime, if that is the case, then I don't think GunPal should be allowed at all. We already have enough problems with crime as it is. Why should we allow someone to get rich on a scheme like this and make it easier for the criminals to purchase weapons? Organized gangs would have a field day with this.

Chris

Chris

Jaime, if that is the case, then I don't think GunPal should be allowed at all. We already have enough problems with crime as it is. Why should we allow someone to get rich on a scheme like this and make it easier for the criminals to purchase weapons? Organized gangs would have a field day with this.

Chris

Prohibited by PayPal's "Acceptable Use Policy", the $3 billion firearms and accessories industry has adopted GUNPAL as the payments platform of choice. "Firearms can only be sold by licensed dealers. GUNPAL is more convenient than other forms of payment as its comprehensive transaction tracking system is secure and reliable for our audits," says Mitchel Chapman of WBtactical.com, a licensed firearms dealer.

Source Link

Chris

Chris

Prohibited by PayPal's "Acceptable Use Policy", the $3 billion firearms and accessories industry has adopted GUNPAL as the payments platform of choice. "Firearms can only be sold by licensed dealers. GUNPAL is more convenient than other forms of payment as its comprehensive transaction tracking system is secure and reliable for our audits," says Mitchel Chapman of WBtactical.com, a licensed firearms dealer.

Source Link

The organized gangs would take their organization one step further and begin grooming talented children to further their education, lead upstanding lives as citizens and buy all of the weapons they need legally.

Chris

Sould of known this would get bashed. But Oh well.

Ill not defend GP but only say I do and will use it.

I just felt it was good to let others know there is more out there other than PayPal.

And I am a many times over Gun owner and collector.

I just felt it was good to let others know there is more out there other than PayPal.

That's okay. We won't hold it against you.

Chris

That's okay. We won't hold it against you.

Chris

I certainly won't, because I am one, as well.

Aren't we all ?

Paul

Guilty as charged. :headbang:

I don't get into the guns, but my brother certainly does. He has an armory, munitions factory, and all around gun central in his room. He actually has a really cool website that you should all check out:

http://www.rifles-shooting-reloading.com/

Problem is you won't get anyone selling on ebay to use it because Paypal is the only online payment service you are allowed to advertise in your auctions. There are several online payment services similar to paypal, but like eBay Paypal was the first big one and they garnished the lions share of the business and they are now the 800 pound gorilla.

Ebay tried to forbid them and they advised they weren't safe, they even created their own online payment service to compete against paypal. When they found out they coudn't beat them, they bought them. Suddenly they decided paypal was safe and encouraged it's use (Why not they were getting the fees now.) When Google created their online payment service eBay saw that that 800 pound gorilla might have a chance of beating their 800 pound gorilla and they was when they decided that Paypal was the only online service you could use on eBay. That seriously hurt the Google service (Checkout?) and I haven't heard much about it fo some time now.

The problem is that no one wants to have to sign up with a couple dozen online payment services to get their money. So they sign up with the gorilla and that's it.