• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some sad News!!

95 posts in this topic

I just received this email from Reys girlfriend. I'm trying to verify his email address that I have for him thru her. When I do, I will post this thru PM for those that want it.

To: Bobby

I'm writing to you hoping all is well with you and you are coping the best way you can.

I just wanted to touch base with you and let you know that we have gotten some bad news about Reynolds.

He was diagnosed with stage IV esophageal cancer last Friday. It has traveled to the lymph nodes in his chest, back and kidneys. Next week they plan to place a feeding tube and a mediport and begin radiation and chemotherapy immediatley following.

We are both in shock and disbelief, numb and scared to death. This is the last thing (as you know very well) that we could ever expect.

Reynolds needs all of the support and friendship he can get at this time, so I'm asking that if you have the time...could you please e-mail him from time to time, just to keep him in touch with him and maybe talk about coins or something just to keep his mid off of what's going on.

As I said before, I hope you are doing well and hope to hear back from you soon.

Best wishes,

Donna

PS...Although he let his NGC membership expire, he does plan on renewing his membership so that he can continue to be a part of that society.

That is indeed sad news. Hopefully Rey will be strong enough to kick this demon. I miss Rey's posts.....one of the good guys. He will be in my prayers.

I have this email address from 1 1/2 years ago. Not sure if it still works. rbrown4@wm.com

The email given is a good one. I just heard from rey. Not much to say right now. He's a little busy. I told him I was passing his email to the forum. rbrown4@wm.com

The email given is a good one. I just heard from rey. Not much to say right now. He's a little busy. I told him I was passing his email to the forum. rbrown4@wm.com

Thanks Bobby email sent.

I just received this email from Reys girlfriend. I'm trying to verify his email address that I have for him thru her. When I do, I will post this thru PM for those that want it.

To: Bobby

I'm writing to you hoping all is well with you and you are coping the best way you can.

I just wanted to touch base with you and let you know that we have gotten some bad news about Reynolds.

He was diagnosed with stage IV esophageal cancer last Friday. It has traveled to the lymph nodes in his chest, back and kidneys. Next week they plan to place a feeding tube and a mediport and begin radiation and chemotherapy immediatley following.

We are both in shock and disbelief, numb and scared to death. This is the last thing (as you know very well) that we could ever expect.

Reynolds needs all of the support and friendship he can get at this time, so I'm asking that if you have the time...could you please e-mail him from time to time, just to keep him in touch with him and maybe talk about coins or something just to keep his mid off of what's going on.

As I said before, I hope you are doing well and hope to hear back from you soon.

Best wishes,

Donna

PS...Although he let his NGC membership expire, he does plan on renewing his membership so that he can continue to be a part of that society.

This is terrible news. I hope things get better.

I received an email this morning from Rey and expect we will be hearing from him back on the boards before too long. Let's just all do as we promised and keep him in our prayers.

Jim

Ah this is terrible news to find out about a fellow board member. Listen up Rey...fight this with all the passion that I know you can muster!

~Woody~

edit: Thanks for posting Bobby

I received an email this morning from Rey and expect we will be hearing from him back on the boards before too long. Let's just all do as we promised and keep him in our prayers.

Jim

I agree.

A little birdie told me that Rey's membership has been renewed.

I hope that he will feel like posting here again soon, but even if not, hopefully he knows how much all of us are thinking of him and pulling for him.

A little birdie told me that Rey's membership has been renewed.

I hope that he will feel like posting here again soon, but even if not, hopefully he knows how much all of us are thinking of him and pulling for him.

Thats awesome ...