• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Grade and Overton! A very Fun 1814!

15 posts in this topic

Here is the second one I bought today, it's a very fun 1814, that should be pretty easy to attribute (of course depending on my photo skills), so take a guess at what PCGS said the grade was, as well as the Overton Variety.

92621.jpg.e7cde663d5e6f6a7ae72b56b67639883.jpg

92622.jpg.a356681bcad0e5a88c9a3ff0b723f590.jpg

Here are some close ups of the clash, I've never seen one with 2 distinct Liberty clashes like this one, which is why it was love at first sight and I bought it! In any case, this is a really fun variety, and yes it's an O-102a, but I'll let you keep guessing on PCGS' assessment of the grade for a while.

92626.jpg.83fc2180b85ba5a6894355a2d8166b6c.jpg

92627.jpg.efeac52bf0392febb5bee1f31d50b49b.jpg

Oh ! I totally forgot to post the grade on this one! PCGS rendered their opinion as VF 35, which is no doubt conservative as I see this coin as an XF easy, and why I paid XF money for it!

Oh ! I totally forgot to post the grade on this one! PCGS rendered their opinion as VF 35, which is no doubt conservative as I see this coin as an XF easy, and why I paid XF money for it!

Crack it out, send it in two more times and you will get your 40! You know, when you think about it, under-grading a coin is a great way to build business! But...they wouldn't do that...would they?

I have noticed that grading companies do not like missing details on coins at all and tend to go conservative whenever they are missing no matter what kind of wear is present...