• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week # 98 - F R I D A Y !

19 posts in this topic

• Administrator

QUESTION: How many denominations of USA coins carry the date 1916? (don't include Philippine issues)

First post with the correct answer wins a January Census Report.

Don't forget, we also draw for a runner-up prize from all remaining posts with a correct answer.

Good Luck!

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

Saint Gaudens $20

Indian $10

Indian $5

Walking Liberty Half Dollar

Standing Liberty Quarter

Barber Quarter

Mercury Dime

Barber Dime

Buffalo Nickel

Lincoln Cent

McKinley Commem $1 Gold

So I think that makes 11.

Ok, if you only want the denominations, thats $20, $10, $5, $1, 50c, 25c, 10c, 5c and 1c, so that would be 9 denominations. 893whatthe.gif Sorry if I misunderstood the question! foreheadslap.gif

cent

nickel 5c

dime

quarter

half dollar

half eagle

eagle

double eagle

McKinley dollar

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I think that's it! So, 9. flowerred.gif

Hoot

Cent

Nickel

Dime

Quarter

Half Dollar

Gold Dollar (McKinley Commemorative)

Half Eagle

Eagle

Double Eagle

If I counted correctly, the answer is nine.

Well, if you're going to leave out the Philippine issues, you're probably looking only for the "normal" denominations. I'd have to say 9: 0.01, 0.05, 0.10, 0.25, 0.50, 5.00, 10.00, 20.00, plus the McKinley gold dollar

Things get more interesting if you include the Philippine issues.

Things get a LOT more interesting if you expand the question to to count the non-US coins made at US mints. Seems that we did a booming business for other countries that year. I guess the war had something to do with it...

QUESTION: How many denominations of USA coins carry the date 1916? (don't include Philippine issues).

ANSWER: 9 - cent, nickel, dime, quarter dollar, half dollar, gold dollar (McKinley), half eagle, eagle, double eagle.

The winner is: Jtryka!! Your prize is the newly printed January Census Report.

The runner up winner is: JamminJ!! Your prize is a Cherrypickers Guide.

Congratulations and thanks for playing!!