• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 1st Annual NGC Secret Santa Swap: Show What You Got!!!

51 posts in this topic

Half the fun of Christmas and presents is seeing what everyone else got, and hearing the joy people get from receiving your present. So, with many packages going out Monday, people should start getting their gifts in the next couple of days. Post what you got (and if you know who sent it, let us know!)

My wife said I should get a lump of coal from my Secret Santa...lucky for me she does not post here. ;)

Haven't you learned yet that women like to speak in code, and you must read between the lines? A "lump of coal" under heat and pressure is a big, white rock.

Of course, she would prefer that you have it mounted in a setting that will fit her finger.

Chris

My wife said I should get a lump of coal from my Secret Santa...lucky for me she does not post here. ;)
Sounds good, I haven't sent your gift out yet! ;)

Just joshin! I have another name and theirs is already in the mail.

Haven't you learned yet that women like to speak in code, and you must read between the lines? A "lump of coal" under heat and pressure is a big, white rock.

Of course, she would prefer that you have it mounted in a setting that will fit her finger.

Chris

jared-1.jpg

I just received a great gift from Mr.7777 himself. Thank you Chris for a nicely mounted set of Westward Series Nickels, which includes one proof example from 2004, 2005 and 2006, and an uncirculated P and D example of the 5 varieties from those 3 years. In case somebody doesn't know who 7777 is, it is cpm9ball.

Thanks again Chris. (thumbs u

I got quite a bit from Braddick:

1922 lincoln

1817 large cent

undated bar copper

A medal from the Mad Marty Collection

Gold plated Nevada centennial token

Whiteman AFB NCO Club Good for 50c in trade

Another raw medal of some sort with foreign language on it. Could be a coin, not sure.

Is Braddick sending out his Chinese copies! I know I purchased a 22 plain from him a while back just to fill a hole in my Lincoln album. Was a pretty good copy I must admit... the main thing that gave it away was the edges.... they felt sharp, if that makes any sense!

I wanted to get just the right coin so I had to purchase the coin so I haven't been able to send the coin out yet. I hope I can send it out in the next few days!!

Me too. I've had a hard time shopping for my person!

Is Braddick sending out his Chinese copies! I know I purchased a 22 plain from him a while back just to fill a hole in my Lincoln album. Was a pretty good copy I must admit... the main thing that gave it away was the edges.... they felt sharp, if that makes any sense!

Yes, I believe these are copies and not originals. They look really good.

It is great to receive an early Christmas present and I have Irwin(rrantique) to thank for this beautiful 1938d Buffalo Nickel in a PCGS holder graded MS64 which seems somewhat stingy, but that is my opinion. It has great lustre with very pretty rim toning on the obverse and is a well struck specimen. Below is a photo, but please realize who the photographer was and that I struggle with coins in holder and cannot seem to prevent the holder scratches and rubs from showing up so badly. I may send this one back to reholder.

Thank you again, Irvin.

Jim

1938dpcgsms64rrantiqueSANTA.jpg

I opened a package today, it arrived a few days ago but I've been on the road, which reminds me, I am heading to a coin show tomorrow to secret Santa shop, so it will be in the mail on Monday! Anyhow, Dean sent me a whole bunch of nicely toned coins, I won't bother you with all of them, but he sent these 1963-D and 1964 quarters with perfect peripheral rainbow toning that I just love, so they immediately took the place of some non-descript blast white coins in my Dansco album, and the best part is they got to stay right next to each other in their new home!

Oh, and if you can't see the toning in my pictures, it is solely the fault of my poor photography skills!

90790.jpg.35308cad6ffccd1d89124b44c229ac81.jpg

90791.jpg.be9bbdc3f9cd25d03d10898ae36445ae.jpg

I wanted to get just the right coin so I had to purchase the coin so I haven't been able to send the coin out yet. I hope I can send it out in the next few days!!

Me too. I've had a hard time shopping for my person!

Just send me a 1,000 lb. bag of $100 bills. Don't worry, I'll pay the freight.

Chris

I received from Dwaine several days ago a couple of nice Jefferson nickles in capitol holders and a toned Roosie. I took photos of the Roosie and one of the toned Jefferson's. I used indirect lighting for the Jefferson to show it's golden toning.

Thanks Dwaine

56-10-1.jpg

56-10-2.jpg

80-1.jpg

80-2.jpg

Chad, the medals are great! I particularly like the one from the Mad Marty Collection because he is a friend of mine from ATS. He was also my guest at the NGC Luncheon at FUN last January.

Many thanks to you, and best wishes for the holidays.

Chris

When you guys see what he sent me you're all going to be jealous!

(Photos tomorrow!)

:):)

(Photos tomorrow!)

Let me guess...............a 2000 Cheerios Sacagawea made in China.

Chris

(Photos tomorrow!)

Chris

That would make you jealous?!

(Photos tomorrow!)

Chris

That would make you jealous?!

Nah! But, an 1878 8TF MS65DMPL VAM 9 would! Or, a beautifully toned set of early commems like the one Mark (Feld) showed us a while back!

Chris

greek001.jpg

greek002.jpg

I guarantee I got the oldest coin from Santa, how about a Greek coin from 297 B.C.!

My Secret Santa is located in Fenton, MO. hm

Thanks James, not only did I know nothing about these kinds of coins, it gave me a chance to do a bit of research which is right up my alley!

link

Oh yeah, the yellow glow is an artifact of the picture taking and is not on the holder.