• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questionable Color 1937 Cent

10 posts in this topic

I'm having fun, which is why I put this here. I haven't taken a coin picture in about a year so I thought I'd photograph the first coin I found in the cabinet. It is a nice looking, but questionable, cent I picked up about 7 years ago for a dollar. Just thought I'd have fun, photograph it, and share it here. :)

88854.jpg.6220e030c3875a1da34e4fa96597440c.jpg

The obverse is fine, save for maybe around 2:00-3:00 off the rim looks a bit funky, it's the liquid-like formation on the reverse that's questionable...almost sure that's why it bagged.

It almost has the look of being attached to a board with some putty or some sort of glue.

I think you might be on to something with the putty. I've had a coin that was glued before, and I attempted removal of the coin. The glue wouldn't come off completely which leads me to think that it's not glue per se but something similar, that's why I like the putty idea.

I've always thought it was probably some sort of glue or liquid on the back but I've also seen some other holdered coin which made me wonder about that.