• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo Contest - Update

171 posts in this topic

Soo does anybody ever remember the last photo contest that Brandon ran when Anaconda was around? I am not sure the results ever got posted... If so link?

I participated and did image the coin. I've since deleted the images since the contest (to my knowledge) was abandoned. It was an iridescent toned mirrored proof IHC in a rattler holder. I actually got a really nice obverse image, but the reverse gave me some trouble.

Lucky you... I am eying that camera.... 6400 ISO! Not like it matters for this coin... but for my low light sports!

I shot Uranus the other night at ISO 6400. Fairly noisy, but averaging together a few dozen frames (HD movie) it came out well. :) As you said, not an issue for this coin, but the higher IQ and pixel density will be good for it.

The progression as of 10/25/09

Good Luck in what messydesk has labeled, "The Brilliant Proof Toner Smackdown"

CarlWohlforth - Received 9/5

Becoka - Received 9/8, mailed to renomedphys 9/14

Renomedphys - Received 9/17, mailed to Crazyhounddog 9/22

Crazyhounddog - Received 9/24, sent to Blue62vette 9/25

Blue62vette - Received 9/28, mailed to BillyGoatsGruff 10/1

BillyGoatsGruff - Received 10/5, mailed to Mgoodm3 10/7

Mgoodm3 - Received 10/13, mailed to Bochiman 10/16

Bochiman - Received 10/21, mailed to Airplanenut 10/24

Airplanenut

Relicsncoins

Astrostu

Bsshog40

Bruceswar

Coindude

rgCoinGuy

FEC

DMWJR

James_EarlyUS

Morgandollar1878

Messydesk

Soty27

Direwolf1972

Physics-fan3.14

Pheh

Frnklnlvr

DieClash

Lehigh96

Morgansforever

On the way to Airplanenut, Relicsncoins on deck.

Soo does anybody ever remember the last photo contest that Brandon ran when Anaconda was around? I am not sure the results ever got posted... If so link?

I participated and did image the coin. I've since deleted the images since the contest (to my knowledge) was abandoned. It was an iridescent toned mirrored proof IHC in a rattler holder. I actually got a really nice obverse image, but the reverse gave me some trouble.

Yeah I still have my images also... I nailed both sides... of that beast! Don't ask how... lol

Yeah I still have my images also... I nailed both sides... of that beast! Don't ask how... lol

You cracked it out, didn't you....? lol lol lol

Let's see the proof Mister! :)

I somehow still have my my results on the computer. It was indeed a tough coin to image. Believe me this Indian was much, much nicer than the images you are looking at. The glare and scratches on the slab were a big deterrent.

INCobv378-1.jpg

INCrev404a.jpg

INCrev409a-1.jpg

You cracked it out, didn't you....? lol lol lol

No but I wanted to... let me dig up my images...

The progression as of 11/5/09

Airplanenut - Received 10/27, mailed to Relicsncoins 11/4

Relicsncoins

Astrostu

Bsshog40

Bruceswar

Coindude

rgCoinGuy

FEC

DMWJR

nwcs

James_EarlyUS

Morgandollar1878

Messydesk

Soty27

Direwolf1972

Physics-fan3.14

Pheh

Frnklnlvr

DieClash

Lehigh96

Morgansforever

On the way to Colorado, Relicsncoins and Astrostu. Texas next.

Wish I had known about this earlier. I'd love to join in. Still, I look forward to seeing what everyone photographed.

Lucky for you... there is still time. I am sure you can be added in seeing as you are from Tenn. :)

The progression as of 11/12/09

Airplanenut - Received 10/27, mailed to Relicsncoins 11/4

Relicsncoins - Received 11/6, mailed to Astrostu 11/12

Astrostu

Bsshog40

Bruceswar

Coindude

rgCoinGuy

DMWJR

nwcs

James_EarlyUS

Morgandollar1878

Messydesk

Soty27

Direwolf1972

Physics-fan3.14

Pheh

Frnklnlvr

DieClash

Lehigh96

Morgansforever

On the way to Astrostu. Get ready Bobby, you will probably get it in about a week to 10 days. :o

I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

I'm not. I recently trashed my camera setup -- quite accidentally :( .

At it's current rate, the coin won't be arriving at your mailbox until the first part of January. Plenty of time for the Christmas list.

Seriously, I hope your equipment is fixable. What happened?

Sometimes, I can be very stupid. I had "temporarily" put my setup behind my computer desk chair while in the process of rearranging the "office" (which is really just a place in the basement far from where water leaks in lol !), and wouldn't you know it. I backed myself right into the camera setup and crashed the whole thing over. Now, one lamp won't come on anymore, and I bent up one of the plugs.

Unfortunately, the lamps I use are no longer made! Not to worry though, I'm pretty good with the soldering iron, and will get that puppy back up in time for my scheduled photo shoot :) !

So what's the lesson here? Go ahead and put your office in the flooded part of the basement so you won't be tempted to put electrical items, such as lamps, there lol lol !

Mmmm, soldering, possible electrical leakage and leaking water. This sounds good. We want pix of you before and after you attempt the repair James.

Mmmm, soldering, possible electrical leakage and leaking water. This sounds good. We want pix of you before and after you attempt the repair James.

The coin may end up being AT after James gets done. I like electric blue. (thumbs u

The coin may end up being AT after James gets done. I like electric blue. (thumbs u

Both are :signfunny:

I still have the coin. I got a decent shot Tuesday night and I planned on finishing up having my way with it yesterday ... but I had to finish up wedding proofs for a couple and send them out contractually by today. And I have two abstracts due to my advisor by tonight. So ... looks like I won't be mailing it out 'til Friday.

It's definitely purdy. And really dark.

lol I'm looking forward to it. I plan on going to my kids for the thanksgiving wknd. I hope this won't interfere with any scheduling Bob!

We'll give you a day or two off. ;)