• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Paypal Despute help

14 posts in this topic

A couple questions for those that have had experience with bum sellers. My situation is:

I bought a product from a seller. His description listed the model# of the product I needed. I purchased the product and when I received it, found it would not fit. this was in an original box which listed the model #'s it would work for. My model; # was not on the package. Monday 09/21, I emailed the seller thru his paypal email address, his ebay email address and called his Paypal Ph#, no answer and I left a message. Wed. 09/23, I emailed seller again thru ebay email contact. I have not heard from this seller at all. Thanks for any help as I have never had to do this before!

Question #1- How long should I wait to contact Paypal?

Question #2- Has anyone had any luck with these desputes?

This was the first email I sent:

Dear partpeople001,

Just covering my bases here to make sure you get my email. thanks!

The item below was listed for my fridge. My fridge required gasket kit # WR24X517. This gasket does not fit my fridge. The box shows this only replaces WR24X282 & GE282. Please contact me at (254) 977-xxxx Bobby Smith

Item# 190261653811 Door Gasket WR24X517 WR24X283 WR24X282 SGE282 NEW 1 $59.99 USD $59.99 USD

2nd email sent Wed:

Dear partpeople001,

Second message sent! No response from the other two emails and the phone message I left. I'm sending this again. I will wait til Monday to file a dispute with Paypal.

Just covering my bases here to make sure you get my email. thanks!

The item below was listed for my fridge. My fridge required gasket kit # WR24X517. This gasket does not fit my fridge. The box shows this only replaces WR24X282 & GE282. Please contact me at (254) 977-xxxx Bobby Smith

Item# 190261653811 Door Gasket WR24X517 WR24X283 WR24X282 SGE282 NEW 1 $59.99 USD $59.99 USD

Waiting until Monday seems good enough for me.

If you paid with a credit card, do a chargeback and keep PayPal out of the process.

Otherwise, file a SNAD claim, and you'll win.

Waiting until Monday seems good enough for me.

If you paid with a credit card, do a chargeback and keep PayPal out of the process.

Otherwise, file a SNAD claim, and you'll win.

I paid with my Paypal Buyer Credit just in case something like this happened. thought it would be easier to despute.

A SNAD claim is the way to go. Paypal gets upset when you do a chargback. You can keep that option in your back pocket if things go sour with Paypal. Also, the SNAD tends to get the sellers attention. It still may take ten days to settle but you should have no trouble winning the dispute.

I would give the seller a little more time to respond. Depending on the size of his business, it may take him time to look into the situation. He might also be out of town or this might be a weekend business for him. If on Saturday you haven't heard from him, then you should move forward.

Assuming no contact by Saturday , file the Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) dispute thru eBay/PayPal. This is an automatic guarantee to the buyer that they will get their purchase price and shipping refunded. Sellers never win this dispute.

Also, after this you can threaten to give negative feedback if the seller doesn't pay your return shipping cost. Yes, this is against eBay rules, but they do not enforce it. Trust me! :censored:

Keep in mind that most sellers will block you from bidding if you do a SNAD dispute. I know I block all buyers who file SNAD or Item Not Received claims without trying to work with me first.

I realize that you can't in this situation, but for others reading this, do not do a chargeback unless it is a last resort. You'll likely find your PayPal account closed.

Thanks for the info Greg. I plan on giving him until Monday evening when I return from work. I think this is ample enough time for him to have been able to respond to 3 emails and one phone message.

I like your style Bobby. So many folks don't have the you know whats to pick up the phone and try to work things out person to person. It sounds like you have some time to play with. Maybe the guy will do the right thing and take care of this.

Thanks Larry. I know that people can make mistakes, we are all human. I just hope that he is a good seller and will take responsibility for the mistake. I still have the product and undamaged box it came in. Should I keep this until this is resolved or mail it back with delivery confirmation??

i have found that the ebay system for emails is iffy at best. many meseges through there system do not get delivered or take extra time to show. i tried to make sure 5 ppl got meseges that there items went out and only 2 people said they got it. 2 even started a complaint through paypal.

this is why i have asked my folks to set my email system up to send all buyers of items emails if needed. maybe to just let them all know items have left or to let them know there was an issue with something.

EBay does very little in matters like this, but if you paid with Paypal, you are in luck. Paypal always sides with the buyer, so that's good news for you. And Paypal takes fraud very seriously.

Last year I bought a 1750 Netherlands 14G Gold Rider (1960's Reissue) that NGC flagged as a counterfeit. I contacted the eBay seller and asked to return the coin and he refused. He was sure it was genuine.

I opened a Paypal dispute. Be very careful what you write, stick to the facts and repeat them over and over. Do not lose your cool. If you know you are right you will probably win the dispute and Paypal will side with you.

The bad news is it took almost a month and a half to get my money back. But I did and that's all that matters to me.

i have found that the ebay system for emails is iffy at best. many meseges through there system do not get delivered or take extra time to show. i tried to make sure 5 ppl got meseges that there items went out and only 2 people said they got it. 2 even started a complaint through paypal.

this is why i have asked my folks to set my email system up to send all buyers of items emails if needed. maybe to just let them all know items have left or to let them know there was an issue with something.

This is why I also emailed his paypal address and called his paypal registered ph# and left a voice message there also Ant.