• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comments on Toneddollars new Washie

20 posts in this topic

I'll be honest, I do not like that reverse. The obverse is great, if there is plenty of strong luster underneath to give it a good flash. I'm guessing this is mint set toning, based on the crackly appearance of the reverse. I will say though, unreservedly, that I like the blues and greens right around his head.

I'll have to go with the majority so far. I love the toning & luster on the obverse. There is some nice toning on the reverse below the mottled pattern. The mottling definitely detracts from the eye appeal, but overall I like the coin

What is it graded, by the way? I'm guessing 66, but I hesitate to call it any higher than 65 due both to the negative eye appeal of the reverse, and the extremely thick toning is almost assuredly hiding quite a number of marks.

You would ask that Jason. ??? I should have written it down, but didn't. I believe it was in an Anacs holder and was probably 66. I'm sure that if Jack is following this he may chime in. I just mailed them back this morning.

im guessing the army green/navy rev. upper left is lighter/ more true, less washed out in person. i really like the multicolored speckling in the lower right half. i have a '57 from mr. kryptonite w/ same halfed/ lower right multi color dots, 1 of my favorite toners. :)

im guessing the army green/navy rev. upper left is lighter/ more true, less washed out in person. i really like the multicolored speckling in the lower right half. i have a '57 from mr. kryptonite w/ same halfed/ lower right multi color dots, 1 of my favorite toners. :)

It's pretty much as the image shows. If anything it may be darker. I have 3 lights on it and it is brighter (if that is the word) than it shows in hand. The star of the coin is definitely the obverse. The area that you refer to in the lower right is the nicest part of the reverse. Under certain light conditions that area does appear neon.