• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CDN help on gold type with higher gold in effect......

9 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

My last gray sheet has gold at 945.00........

Can smoeone give me XF bid for 5, 10 and 20 Libs since gold has moved ?

Thank you for your help.

Paul

The Double Eagle has 0.9675 oz of gold (and thus, the $10 has 0.4838, the $5 has 0.2419). XF for common Libs is going to be closely correlated to gold value, which is currently $997.30 Thus:

$20: $964.89

$10: $482.44

$5: $241.22

I don't know what the premium above spot is for those coins, but that is their bullion value.

Thanks for the melt prices there PF.

These guys seem to have a pretty good premium now. At 945 gold, 20 Libs are bid at 1165 in XF.......

Paul

Really? Wow. That's quite a bit more than I would have expected.

Yeah, most unc double eagles have been selling for $300-600 over melt for generics in 62 (libs) or 63 (saints). I would have said you'd be looking at like $1,200 as I'd expect the premium to contract a bit as the price rose.

Hi Folks,

My last gray sheet has gold at 945.00........

Can smoeone give me XF bid for 5, 10 and 20 Libs since gold has moved ?

Thank you for your help.

Paul

current dealer buy prices from a legit dealer say at long beach show on thurs sept 10 sight seen that the dealer approves of choice xf no problems

right now thurs morn on the long beach bourse taking into account gold is still at 998.00

5 libs xf 330 usd

10 libs xf 641 usd

20 libs xf 1295 usd

i hope these prices last

and of course many dealers will want to pay as cheaply as they can with these prices some a little less some lots more less

you just got to get the guy that has a hot customer in the wings

good luck

and remember these prices swing greatly on a daily basis with demand

and right now there are huge w swings i mean 5 months ago generica saints ms 63 64 really dropped and like two weeks ago they went up 100-150 each in less than a week

go figure

it is all demand and the current crazy markets