• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo--DSLR

37 posts in this topic

It all starts with taking a picture of that coin in your hand and the next thing you know, there's a copy stand, lighting system and Canon slr digital with super macro in your room! :o

It all starts with taking a picture of that coin in your hand and the next thing you know, there's a copy stand, lighting system and Canon slr digital with super macro in your room! :o

And all tethered to your computer.

Ain't that the truth. Then you try to come up with ingenious projects like the Tilt Mobile. lol

Ain't that the truth. Then you try to come up with ingenious projects like the Tilt Mobile. lol

Patent Pending (thumbs u

Patent Pending (thumbs u

(thumbs u

You know what I have a problem with. The screen on my digi cam is sooooo small that I can't tell if the picture I just took is good or not. I know my camera won't hook up to my laptop, but I'm sure there are some that do. That would be really nice to be able to see what you are really taking a picture of.

Anyone know of a camera that does that ... that the "normal" man can afford. I've been thinking about a new camera anyhow, I think this would be a nice feature to look for.

You know what I have a problem with. The screen on my digi cam is sooooo small that I can't tell if the picture I just took is good or not. I know my camera won't hook up to my laptop, but I'm sure there are some that do. That would be really nice to be able to see what you are really taking a picture of.

Anyone know of a camera that does that ... that the "normal" man can afford. I've been thinking about a new camera anyhow, I think this would be a nice feature to look for.

Have you thought about getting a big magnifying glass? Hey, would be cheaper than a new cam. hm

3_8_13.gif

I could use one of those Bobby! hm

And all tethered to your computer.

True. Remote shot is a must for me.

I could use one of those Bobby! hm

I've actually had a couple requests for one of these. I'm waiting on my landlord to tear down my old garage and put up a new. Hopefully will be done before winter. I will be able to set-up my saws then and I may try to make a few of these. I think I can still come up with a better design, justneed the space to work in.

I'll tell you,that pictures on my camera's LCD bear no resemblance to what actually come out. It's not an SLR so that probably has alot to do with it,I guess.

If I see a perfect picture I know now that the lighting setting is too low. To get a decent picture I have to see an overexposed image on the LCD.Go figure.

I'll tell you,that pictures on my camera's LCD bear no resemblance to what actually come out. It's not an SLR so that probably has alot to do with it,I guess.

If I see a perfect picture I know now that the lighting setting is too low. To get a decent picture I have to see an overexposed image on the LCD.Go figure.

Yea I have a nice screen on my canon but the pics don't look the same on the PC as does the camera. I just take a couple dozen, then another couple dozen, then another etc.... lol til I get what I want.

I just take a couple dozen, then another couple dozen, then another etc.... lol til I get what I want.

I can usually get a shot I'm pretty happy with in the first 10 or 12 tries, but I'm working on a couple of coins right now that have got me stumped. I'm up to about 50 or 60 shots on my Queen Elizabeth I shilling, and I just can't get one that shows what I want!

Maybe if I had a Tilt-Mobile?

Yea I have a nice screen on my canon but the pics don't look the same on the PC as does the camera. I just take a couple dozen, then another couple dozen, then another etc.... lol til I get what I want.

Made me laugh.Bosshog.My method exactly!!!Cool.I thought I was the only one who has to take 20 or 30 pictures 'til you get a couple that resemble what I'm looking at in my hand.

What a relief! I thought I was really sad at coin photography cause the shear number of shots has left me scratching my head on some coins.

I started using the Thomas Edison's argument saying to myself "I have discovered 1000 ways NOT to photo a coin" Some of the shot were so bad, even Photoshop could'nt help them!

That is the beauty of the digital age. Taking pictures is not cost prohibitive when compared to film. I think we all take more than we need in hopes that "The Shot" will miraculously appear.

You can get remarkable images with a high end point and shoot.

Lighting and proper camera settings are the key. Obviously you can not beat a DSLR with a good Macro lens. $ 400 for a D40 is a fantastic price. Spend $ 200 - $ 300 on a great macro lens and you will have a great camera.

Thanks for the feedback.Any recomendations on a macro lens for the d-40???

What about a MACRO Filter Kit FOR Nikon D40 D50 18-55mm 55-200m lens???

DSLR plus macro lens 80mm or greater, not an adjustable lens, is what the big boys use.

I am not a big boy.. but I do not use a marco lens. I have never taken 1 coin shot with them. My results are OK at times. For starters learn your camera first before you go dumping money into a lens(es) This was taken with my old Canon Rebel 6.3 MP and the stock 18-55mm Lens

sh1886mdn.jpg