• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

morgan(my favorite series)

14 posts in this topic

11883N65DPL.jpg[/img]

It's disignated as DPL by NGC although I couldn't capture it's mirrored field well.

There's bag marks on left obverse field along the rim and a scratch on upper reverse field.

Care to guess the grade?

Man, the only thing that worries me is how the DPL coins show marks! But, I'd say it's a 65 unless the marks on the obverse at 5 o'c in the stars and on the reverse at 12:30 o'c on the reverse above "WE TRUST" are actually marks then I'll have to go 64. Gorgeous coin though with nice peripheral toning.

It;s a beautiful DPL. I've always liked these. It's hard to grade them tho' as stated they always show everything. My gut reaction said 62.

Since I know the grade, I will only comment on how I would have guessed, just based on the images.....I would have guessed 65PL with a shot at 64PL. More later ;)

Taro, after you disclose the grade, you should post auction company images to give a better idea of what the coin looks like. :devil: And who hijacked your account, to talk about Morgan Dollars instead of Half Dimes as your favorite series. hm

:D

OK

Here's the images (and the answer) by Heritage

CAG6ARCI.jpg[/img] CAE9W1WP.jpg[/img]

You can see larger images if you click here Heritage auction archive

Although morgan is my favorite series :devil:, I don't know how to grade it, and although I don't even know if it's properly graded, I like this coin very much :grin:

The Heritage images give a much better idea of how flashy and striking the coin is. But they still don't serve as a good substitute of the wow factor when you see the coin in person.