• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

susan b anthony dollar value P

9 posts in this topic

Susan b anthony dollar value P

I found this coin and can not find any info about it.

On the gold ring around coin

Front

SANTE CENTER FOR HEALING ARGYLE, TEXAS

Back

EACH DAY MY VALUE IS GREATER

Sorry about the cheep camera.

100_1164.jpg100_1161.jpg

Probably not much value in it. Looks like a gold toned ring put around an Sba that was worth about a $1. Mostly just keepsake for someone that knows what it means. It's probably a piece given to patients that reach a milestone in thier recovery. The healing center named on the rim is a drug abuse center.

BTW, welcome to the forum!!

Thanks for welcoming me and giving me some info. It is a nice coin with out the value. lol

Also is there a good web site on how no become a coin collecter. also how to find coins.

i have some coins and proof sets now and would like to find more. do you just watch ebay or go to autions. ?

There were over 700 million Susan B. Anthony dollars struck in 1979 and it appears yours came from either the Denver or San Francisco mint, (mint mark just to the left of bust) so there’s not a chance for a wide rim variety, which is some what collectable.

To a coin collector is has only minimal value, but so someone who would like a reminder or lost theirs or even wished to reminisce about the past just might be willing to pay extra for such a trinket. To them it might have been a life saver.

Thanks for welcoming me and giving me some info. It is a nice coin with out the value. lol

Also is there a good web site on how no become a coin collecter. also how to find coins.

i have some coins and proof sets now and would like to find more. do you just watch ebay or go to autions. ?

You might want to check your local library for books on collecting. I came across this site recently.I haven't read most of it but it seems to cover a lot of topics.(http://www.mycoincollecting.com/).You can join the ANA(American Numismatic Association) and you'll receive a newsletter every month. And, of course,the ANA website(www.money.org) itself is a great resource.

Have fun,

Pete

A great place to start is the series of threads in the What You Need to Know - About Coin Collecting section.

There were over 700 million Susan B. Anthony dollars struck in 1979 and it appears yours came from either the Denver or San Francisco mint, (mint mark just to the left of bust) so there’s not a chance for a wide rim variety, which is some what collectable.

To a coin collector is has only minimal value, but so someone who would like a reminder or lost theirs or even wished to reminisce about the past just might be willing to pay extra for such a trinket. To them it might have been a life saver.

I thought all mints used mintmarks for the 1979 SBAs? So based on the photo resolution, it could be from any of the mints.