• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm outta here!

23 posts in this topic

At least until tomorrow night. ;)

I'm heading down to Virginia for Move-In day. :D At 5am. :(

To keep this coin related, I am bringing three coins with me. A beat up 1994 ASE, a beat up 1921 Morgan, and a beat up 1924 Peace dollar.

ahhhhh...co-ed, I missed that allowable combination.

Girls tower and boys tower...cerfew 11:00 PM in the girls dorm. At least they had some visitation days from 9:00 AM til 9:00 PM, but the door to her room needed to be open at all times while you were in there. This huskey looking type female hockey player who had a voice deeper than mine, would roam the hallway, peeking in the doors to make shure there was no hankie-pankie going on. It was not exactly a love-in, but what happened on the floor between the beds *garble* *crackle* your breaking up...hello?

Have fun Zach, you live in a more free spirited world.

Zach,

Please be careful and watchout for the female predators roaming our college campuses today. Good luck and please read the following alert.

Jim

Date-Rape- Drug

Police are warning all men who frequent clubs, parties & local pubs and especially college campuses, to be alert and stay cautious when offered a drink by any woman.

Many females use a date-rape-drug on the market called 'Beer '.

The drug is found in liquid form and is available anywhere. It comes in bottles, cans, or from taps and in large kegs.

Beer is used by female sexual predators at parties and bars to persuade their male victims to go home and sleep with them.

A woman needs only to get a guy to consume a few units of Beerand then simply ask him home for no-strings-attached sex.

Men are rendered helpless against this approach. After several Beers , men will often succumb to the desires to sleep with women to whom they would never normally be attracted.

After drinking Beer , men often awaken with only hazy memories of exactly what happened to them the night before, often with just a vague feeling that 'something bad' occurred.

At other times these unfortunate men are swindled out of their life's savings, in a familiar scam known as 'a relationship'. In extreme cases, the female may even be shrewd enough to entrap the unsuspecting male into a longer-term form of servitude and punishment referred to as 'marriage'.

Men are much more susceptible to this scam after Beer is administered and sex is offered by the predatory females.

Please forward this warning to every male you know.

If you fall victim to this 'Beer ' scam and the women administering it, there are male support groups where you can discuss the details of your shocking encounter with similarly victimized men.

For the support group nearest you, just look up 'Golf Courses' in the phone book.

Well now I'm all moved in at UVa; I have a few textbooks to get still, but besides that I'm all ready for class on Tuesday! :)
Ah college... I remember that day, 31 years ago when my father dropped me off. I left everything of value home and moved into Russell Hall (a/k/a The Zoo) at the University of Georgia, HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS! before attending my first hall party that night. The next day was not fun since I had to go to band practice to get ready for the first football game! Do you know how difficult it is to march with a sousaphone when you're hung over?!

I am not going to tell you to "be good." But be careful! Temptations are always there. However, always let yourself have some fun because this is it before Real Life[TM] takes over! :devil:

Scott :hi:

Dunno Scott, but did it sound like this?

The "Day After" I didn't sound that good. But it's a credit to John Williams that this piece is remembered like this. Williams is a fantastic composer and I wish I had a chance to play his music again. Maybe in my old age, if I can still breathe, I'll join a senior orchestra like my uncle did before he died.

In the mean time, enjoy your first days of school, Zach!

Scott

Have a good time, Zach, but please take this more seriously than I took my undergrad education.

You...a partier? :o

[font:Comic Sans MS]Yeah, but a night of playing spin the bottle was considered hardcore for Thomas.[/font]

:devil:

Have a good time, Zach, but please take this more seriously than I took my undergrad education.

Actually, no. Sorry to burst any bubble you had there. I had to pay for college on my own so I had a part-time job, about 30-hours per week every week, from my junior year of high school throughout my undergrad stay. I worked at a grocery store to pay for my car, gas, car insurance, medical insurance, clothes, books, food and tuition and I couldn't afford to live on campus so I lived with my folks and commuted the 45-minutes each way each day. Additionally, I was a member of the varsity volleyball and fencing teams and played semi-pro baseball. Between all that and my then girlfriend, I barely had time for classes. :(

I think College went by as one party after another with intense cramming and stimulants in between, in order to stay awake long enough to memorize things for exams. By the time I got to graduate school, one party, and I was blown away...just could not do it any longer, indeed, I couldn't pull an all nighter any longer. Though, when I did my internship and residency, I hardly slept at all and had only one focus with only eating and sleeping (sometimes), in between.

Actually, no. Sorry to burst any bubble you had there. I had to pay for college on my own so I had a part-time job, about 30-hours per week every week, from my junior year of high school throughout my undergrad stay. I worked at a grocery store to pay for my car, gas, car insurance, medical insurance, clothes, books, food and tuition and I couldn't afford to live on campus so I lived with my folks and commuted the 45-minutes each way each day. Additionally, I was a member of the varsity volleyball and fencing teams and played semi-pro baseball. Between all that and my then girlfriend, I barely had time for classes. :(

I have to say that that sounds far less exciting... :(