• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Designated Friend?

23 posts in this topic

Lot of luster, looks good for grade on that pic, would prefer better closeups, and the toning that appears to be on the top 1/3rd of the coin isn't distracting.

Dale friend is a collector extraordinaire, who buys the coins and not the grading labels. He collects in a highly knowledgeable, patient and discerning manner

In addition to his Liberty Nickel set see it here he has assembled fantastic collections of Barber Half Dollars and Bust Half Dollars, in addition to wonderful individual coins.

I've seen the pedigree on a number of coins, but it means absolutely nothing to me. These are the kinds of pedigrees I wish grading services would ignore.
I strongly disagree. As a group, Dale's coins are finer and more appealing than the vast majority of pedigrees that exist. And James, that includes whichever pedigrees, if any, you are personally enamored with.

Dale friend is a collector extraordinaire, who buys the coins and not the grading labels. He collects in a highly knowledgeable, patient and discerning manner

In addition to his Liberty Nickel set see it here he has assembled fantastic collections of Barber Half Dollars and Bust Half Dollars, in addition to wonderful individual coins.

I've seen the pedigree on a number of coins, but it means absolutely nothing to me. These are the kinds of pedigrees I wish grading services would ignore.
I strongly disagree. As a group, Dale's coins are finer and more appealing than the vast majority of pedigrees that exist. And James, that includes whichever pedigrees, if any, you are personally enamored with.

Let me amend my original post by stating that I haven't seen tons and tons of coins assigned the "Friend" pedigree. It's just that those I remember seeing were pretty mundane.

Let me amend my original post by stating that I haven't seen tons and tons of coins assigned the "Friend" pedigree. It's just that those I remember seeing were pretty mundane.

I figured that. Because if you had seen a lot of them, you (probably) wouldn't have made such a silly comment. :devil:

Dale friend is a collector extraordinaire, who buys the coins and not the grading labels. He collects in a highly knowledgeable, patient and discerning manner. As a group, Dale's coins are finer and more appealing than the vast majority of pedigrees that exist.

I have just viewed the most amazing set in my life. Thanks Mark, for introducing me to "Dale Friend"

Unreal Collection Link

Dale friend is a collector extraordinaire, who buys the coins and not the grading labels. He collects in a highly knowledgeable, patient and discerning manner. As a group, Dale's coins are finer and more appealing than the vast majority of pedigrees that exist.

I have just viewed the most amazing set in my life. Thanks Mark, for introducing me to "Dale Friend"

Unreal Collection Link

You're most welcome and I'm glad you like it :) Dale has some other fantastic (even) earlier coins not in that set. ;)

I like the closeup pictures even better. I'd call the obverse a 66, unfortunately that rub to the right of the "V" is probably keeping it at a 65. Still very pleasing and full of luster.

You're most welcome and I'm glad you like it :) Dale has some other fantastic (even) earlier coins not in that set. ;)

NowI want this coin more than ever!

I think this baby might be every bit worth the sale price 650

??

I just paid the most for a single coin in my life!

And I won't know if I was the 1st bidder in the post auction at Heritage for 2 days.

Very anxious feeling

That set of CBH's is incredible!

By the way NGC - notice how PCGS has a one per date set of Capped Bust Halves? I know I've mentioned we should have the same thing on more than one occasion :baiting: I also just saw the complete half dollar set 1794- present, and I gotta say: I like it.

CARDS-1-2.jpg

image0011.gif

Well, I got the coin after all. Talked with the boss and I'll have to work some overtime (thank God I have a job) to pay for the "best" coin in my collection.

My very first MS 65 that's older than me! :banana:

Congratulations on your beautiful new pickup. TahoeDale has a few extremely nice sets in the PCGS registry. You got yourself a good one. (thumbs u

Dale has and had many very nice coins in his various collections. Typically, I would rather not have a pedigree listed on a slab insert and this would hold for Dale, too, though no offense is meant. However, his name on an insert does add a little to the coin in some aspects for a pool of folks. The images of the coin make it look quite pretty.

I have learned that there are coin "Pedigrees" which warrant designation on the label

"Friend" being one of them. Extrodinary I might add.

Are there other pedigrees? and what/who are they?

I have learned that there are coin "Pedigrees" which warrant designation on the label

"Friend" being one of them. Extrodinary I might add.

Are there other pedigrees? and what/who are they?

Having seen at least some of their coins, The "Sunnywood" (Morgan Dollars), "Dukor" (Barber coinage and $10 Indians), "Gerald Forsythe" (Buffalo Nickels) and "GBW" (Walking Liberty Half Dollars) pedigrees are a few that quickly come to mind.