• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In celebration of my 5000th post...

42 posts in this topic

Let me announce that I have a job interview tomorrow! I'm extremely excited, as you can imagine. The interview is for a position here in Charleston at the Navy's nuclear submarine school. I will be teaching reactor operations on the submarines. I am understandably a little nervous, but I'm also confident. Please pray that all goes well tomorrow, and I will keep you all up to date!

Post a celebratory coin!

82915.jpg.bc0bc1ad21673d467d40d9c2e5f23527.jpg

82916.jpg.fe4eb9925315efea77dd445a1e56a413.jpg

I will be teaching reactor operations on the submarines.

I've been on the receiving end of that instruction as well as a few other board members. I wish you luck, Jason!

hm those dimes look vaguely familiar ;)

Ty, is that bugs bunny slabbed, and what did it grade? Its beautiful.

Vic, I've got some friends here that have gone through it as well. I hear its a rather challenging school.

hm those dimes look vaguely familiar ;)

Ty, is that bugs bunny slabbed, and what did it grade? Its beautiful.

Vic, I've got some friends here that have gone through it as well. I hear its a rather challenging school.

Thank you, Jason!

NGC graded this one MS65*, I don't think NGC recognizes the Bugs Bunny variety.

Well, good luck, glad to see this interview actually taking place. One thing you need to be aware of, teaching requires excellent social skills, make sure you demonstrate this somehow during your interview.

Again, good luck Jason.

Congratulations on 5000+ posts and best of luck in the interview. If you are as articulate and insightful in the interview as you are here, then the job is yours. Keep it simple and on point and you can't go wrong. You have the combined good vibes of the entire boards behind you, lots of good karma :)

Thanks guys, had part 1 of the interview tonight. I just got back from dinner with an engineer from the company. It went very well, he was incredibly positive about me and the other engineer-to-be that will be interviewing with me. Apparently there is more than one opening, so I'm not competing with her, which is a good thing. It sounds like a great company, and I'm very excited about the "main event" tomorrow - a full day of interviews and a tour of the base and a bunch of other stuff. I'll let you all know how it goes!

You have the educational creditials behind you and some work experience in the field which is all a plus. But, the biggest thing going for you, I think, is your winning personality. You have always been liked and respected on the boards, you're intelligent and, I agree, you have lots of good karma behind ya!

And, remember, that reactivity is the fractional change in the neutron population per generation and that fast neutrons are good 'ceptin', of course, it's a meltdown. :P

Just got back from my interview, and it rocked! The whole place seems friednly, everyone was happy, it seems like a really great place to work. And the interview consisted more of "This is what you have to do, do you still want to do it" than anything else. By far the most relaxed and easiest job interview I've ever been to. It almost seemed (and one person even said) that the interview was more a formality to make sure I wasn't a psycho or something. So, I'll get the official offer sometime next week, and I will definitely let you guys know when that happens!

Well, that sure is a positve note. Working for Uncle Sam is one of the best jobs you'll ever come across.

The benefits are next to none right now.

(CRS was better than FERS...but who can complain now days)

Congrats, and remember no fraternizing with the little nuclear chickies!

Best of luck, and if it's anything like when I went through the nuclear program, there are going to be a lot of young nuclear genius', but they'll be too afraid to cause too much of a problem. Also, there will be a lot of here today gone tomorrow types. Although, I hear from some recent people who have left the Navy that they coddle people along quite a bit more in today's Navy. I think part of that is because they now allow women in the nuclear field which they didn't do for quite some time. No offense to any of the ladies out there, but that's what I'm being told.... and by a woman nonetheless.

I remember when I was in nuke school, they made the teachers, who were not in the Navy, wear officers uniforms so that they would have some level of respect and not to be questioned. I didn't know that until well after I was out of nuke school.