• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 Silver Proof Set $52.95

Are you going to buy?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to buy?

15 posts in this topic

Link

So does any one think that this set could become like the 1999 Silver Proof Set.

With the price at $52.95, I don't know if I will be buying more than 1 set. The price

may keep the demand down.

I will still buying 1 set since I already have the all of the proof set since 1954.

I'll only get the clad set, I wish I would've started the state quarter set when it first started. Then I would've been able to afford the 1999 and 2001 silver sets. I do have the clad set to date in the state quarters and us territories.

I'm going to buy one silver silver set to keep my string of these sets intact. I'm going to buy it from a local dealer who will allow me to pick and chose the coins. I don't buy these coins from the mint any more because they have sent me damaged coins in the past, and I'm tired have spending money to send they back for replacements.

As to whether or not these sets will be another 1999, I tend to doubt it. The reasons for that set were in part due to distribution. Orders were limited to five sets and coin dealers could not get their fingers on the product in quantites large enough for their inventories. That combined with a mintage that was somewhere just over 1 million made that an expensive set.

I'll buy two, but I just noticed this:

"**Lincoln Cents contain an alloy consisting of 95% copper, 3% zinc and 2% tin that matches the alloy used in the original 1907 version."

Does the mint not know that the Lincoln cent was first minted in 1909?

As for the price, it's $8 more and you get one extra silver quarter and 3 extra cents (though all 4 are copper instead of zinc). The difference seems fair to me, the price just seems high since they keep adding new dumb coins! The first silver proof set was only $21 and it only had 5 coins, now it's $52.95 and has 18 coins!

I

"**Lincoln Cents contain an alloy consisting of 95% copper, 3% zinc and 2% tin that matches the alloy used in the original 1907 version."

lol lol

I will get my one set and that is all. If they start adding any more coins to these and raising prices more, this collection will become history in my set regardless of future potential value. I look to collect, not re-sell.

lol they are still stuck with their minds on the UHR ? haha 1907

I think I will buy a couple of these sets, just for the hell of it.. no silver proof lincoln cents ? aww :(

I would love to be able to pick through them though ! Bill, send me a few sets ;) hand picked sets are worth a premium for sure, vs pot luck at the mint..

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

original 1907 version

Your set of Lincolns is not complete without the 1907-08 issues (available from China).