• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Things are changing across the street …

201 posts in this topic

Time was a large number of those who post across the street were PCGS wienies. Now a very large number of them are PCGS – CAC sticker wienies. They have personal attacks for anyone who says anything less than positive about CAC.

I never knew that my opinion was so important. If I don’t endorse CAC, I’ve found out that my competence as a collector and a grader are now in question.

Time was a large number of those who post across the street were PCGS wienies. Now a very large number of them are PCGS – CAC sticker wienies. They have personal attacks for anyone who says anything less than positive about CAC.

I never knew that my opinion was so important. If I don’t endorse CAC, I’ve found out that my competence as a collector and a grader are now in question.

I didn't know one was allowed to discuss CAC ATS. Maybe things have changed... (shrug)

I didn't know one was allowed to discuss CAC ATS. Maybe things have changed... (shrug)

lol LOL I saw a thread about a PCGS CAC only registry and PCGS shut that one down really fast. I still look ATS but I don't post, it just seem that if you have an opinion that isnt like the others you get shoot down!!

Bill. I think most of the folks there have a great deal of respect for you.

There are some that have no respect for anyone.

It seems like every CAC thread anywhere gets a bit heated.

Bill- I have not read any personal attacks on you. The personal attacks I`ve read have been on John Albanese. You have let us know you HATE CAC and want it to fail because it will cost you good money. 2 years later, you now know CAC is successful and here to stay, so you will spend your money to make your coins as valuable as they can be.

Bill- I have not read any personal attacks on you. The personal attacks I`ve read have been on John Albanese. You have let us know you HATE CAC and want it to fail because it will cost you good money. 2 years later, you now know CAC is successful and here to stay, so you will spend your money to make your coins as valuable as they can be.

Bills coins don't need CAC stickers to be as valuable as they can be. They stand out among the crowd on their own.

Don't/won't/can't post there anymore. :)

I thought you didn't get bammed? I lurk there but don't post.

A very large percentage of them cannot grade at all. Just look at all the guess the grade threads where an XF coin will garner grades ranging from Fine to Mint State. They wouldn't know a PQ coin in a PCGS slab from a counterfeit coin in a counterfeit slab.

At least one of the clueless people admitted they they were not going to send in their coins to CAC as they were afraid they wouldn't sticker. Knowing this buyer and how he is screwed by an "honest dealer" I bet most wouldn't sticker.

They have personal attacks for anyone who says anything less than positive about CAC.

Gee... you can get that here. Just wait for tradedollarnut to chime in.

Bugman- I`ve read that Bill has nice coins. They will be worth more with the sticker. Bill knows this.

Personaly I think notoriety would overtake the need for a CAC sticker.

I think that's a lot of bologna. I have never seen anyone question your competence as a collector and a grader. That includes both TDN and myself, even though each of us has argued with you about CAC on a number of occasions. And most of the attacks I see are aimed at CAC and/or John Albanese, not at those who say "anything less than positive about CAC".

I agree with you.

Yes, ScottB, when you accuse JA of fraud with absolutely no proof whatsoever -you get beaten with a keyboard on the internet.

I agree with you.

Yes, ScottB, when you accuse JA of fraud with absolutely no proof whatsoever -you get beaten with a keyboard on the internet.

You know that I like the heck out of you, Scott, but if you did actually make such accusations and weren't just misunderstood then I agree with TDN on this one.

I have never seen nor heard an inkling that JA is squirrelly in any way, shape or form.

Bugman- I`ve read that Bill has nice coins. They will be worth more with the sticker. Bill knows this.

They would be "worth more" to whom? And, without really taking sides, would Bill suddenly enjoy the coins more once they have a sticker?

Bill, I'm curious as to what posts ATS in particular you are referring to. I haven't been over there in quite some time - can you provide links by any chance?

Then do they pay extra for CAC coins? I have some CAC coins I would love to sell them - but they're gonna have to pay the money.

Money talks, BS walks. I don't think I have to tell you which one I think they (ATS) are full of!

Bill, I'm curious as to what posts ATS in particular you are referring to. I haven't been over there in quite some time - can you provide links by any chance?

This is the quote that really hit my hot button yesterday. It came from unsuspected source who is normally quite civil to people. Needless say, I think I’m through with this individual. The PCGS census blew the string away before I could answer it. It started with a bogus poll with a group of options that were stacked to make CAC look good, and those who don’t care for concept like foolish, regardless of how you answered it.

This in response to my comment that I do not wish to spend many thousands of dollars for CAC stickers and the postage expense that would be required to get them.

Or is the real answer here that you're not really that confident in your coins, and/or it is the emotion around change and the unknown that is really driving your position? Or is it the realization that the TPG game -- a game you're obviously bought into -- ain't such a great game after all? Or something else?

Bill, knowing you personally, that person's statement comes across as being completely out of line. Whoever made it clearly doesn't know you at all, and the integrity you stand for.

From what I've seen and observed in the past, CAC would be lucky to have Bill on their payroll handing out the nods on deserving coins.

This is the quote that really hit my hot button yesterday. It came from unsuspected source who is normally quite civil to people. Needless say, I think I’m through with this individual. The PCGS census blew the string away before I could answer it. It started with a bogus poll with a group of options that were stacked to make CAC look good, and those who don’t care for concept like foolish, regardless of how you answered it.

This in response to my comment that I do not wish to spend many thousands of dollars for CAC stickers and the postage expense that would be required to get them.

Or is the real answer here that you're not really that confident in your coins, and/or it is the emotion around change and the unknown that is really driving your position? Or is it the realization that the TPG game -- a game you're obviously bought into -- ain't such a great game after all? Or something else?

That little statement has your blood boiling, causes this thread and you threatening to never visit a chatroom or deal with an individual again? With all due respect - your skin is rather thin. That thread was obviously a joke - it wasn't slanted to make anyone look foolish, it was slanted to be intentionally overboard.

Sometimes chatrooms require a sense of humor.

From what I've seen and observed in the past, CAC would be lucky to have Bill on their payroll handing out the nods on deserving coins.

No disrespect intended at all, but I don't think you guys understand the capabilities required to detect what goes on these days. The people "handing out the nods on deserving coins" are world class graders. JA is one of the top 5 graders in the country.

Bill and John both have great integrity, from what I`ve read from numerous people, and also a great knowledge of coins.I think they are fairly close in age.Would love to listen to these 2 men talk about coins and CAC. Maybe Bill would end up working for CAC!!!!!

That little statement has your blood boiling, causes this thread and you threatening to never visit a chatroom or deal with an individual again? With all due respect - your skin is rather thin. That thread was obviously a joke - it wasn't slanted to make anyone look foolish, it was slanted to be intentionally overboard.

Sometimes chatrooms require a sense of humor.

OK. Then I guess it would alright to say that you don't know anything about Trade Dollars at all, and that everything you post about them is misinformed and invalid.

Believe me there was no joke intended in that post. It was one of the contributing factors that got that entire string pulled down ATS. And what really frosted was this was a person who has sent me PMs asking for advice. (shrug)

It doesn't bother me if you say that because I know inside it's not true. Nor does it bother me if you say that I can't detect half of what the coin doctors can do these days even tho I've been collecting for 40 years - because I know it IS true.

I'm not saying don't get annoyed by a blatantly obvious misstatement of facts - but roll with it. You've shown over the years you are knowledgeable in numismatics - and are capable of defending that fact in print. The problem is that you internalize things - they become personal when they shouldn't be. Look at your reaction to CAC - it's become personal to you. It shouldn't be.

Take for instance the person that Greg referenced in this thread that doesn't know how to grade and is being sold substandard coins by his dealer. You can't say that this person wouldn't be better off buying only CAC coins - he would.

Take for instance the person that Greg referenced in this thread that doesn't know how to grade and is being sold substandard coins by his dealer. You can't say that this person wouldn't be better off buying only CAC coins - he would.

Why would he be better off buying only CAC coins? Will he like them any more than he does the ones he is already acquiring? In my opinion, no, he won't--if he could tell the difference then he wouldn't be acquiring the sub-standard coins in the first place. They are HIS coins; his is the only opinion of them that counts in the end.

Why would he be better off buying only CAC coins? Will he like them any more than he does the ones he is already acquiring? In my opinion, no, he won't--if he could tell the difference then he wouldn't be acquiring the sub-standard coins in the first place. They are HIS coins; his is the only opinion of them that counts in the end.

That's correct only if HE doesn't care about what happens when it's time to sell. Your posts seem to indicate that you don't care about such matters. But many, if not most, buyers do care.