• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 coins

19 posts in this topic

has anyone seen any 2009 (D) nickels or dimes? I see the P nickels on eBay for crazy prices but don't see anything from Denver.

I am going hunting tomorrow, but not getting my hopes up.

I've only seen a 2009 District of Columbia quarter in circulation & I actually took a 2009 formative years Lincoln from the "give-a-penny-take-a-penny" tray when I was down in Washington DC a month ago. Otherwise, nothing at all !!

just got my first formative years penny in change today.looks like it just came out of the roll.i might send it in,otherwise that's my first.haven't seen the log cabin one yet.by the way i live in upstate ny,figured i would be the last to see anything for 2009.

just got my first formative years penny in change today.looks like it just came out of the roll.i might send it in,otherwise that's my first.

I wouldn't you can buy them in MS66 on eBay for less than the grading fee if you really want one.

3 log cabin P

3 formative years P

1 formative years D

100+ Washington DC D (This includes 2 bank rolls from a local conveniance store)

1 Washington DC P

70+ Puerto Rico D (This includes 1 bank roll)

1 Guam D

1 JFK 50c P

I use cash only on most transactions that I make, I use alot of change in the vending machines at work, I look at every piece of coinage that passes through my hands. Plus my brother works at a conveniance store and I have him watching for me as well.

I've only seen a 2009 District of Columbia quarter in circulation & I actually took a 2009 formative years Lincoln from the "give-a-penny-take-a-penny" tray when I was down in Washington DC a month ago. Otherwise, nothing at all !!

Gee... I wonder if it was one of the coins I planted around the District? I bought the rolls when the Mint was selling them at Union Station and broke one open to start spreading them around.

Other than those rolls and buying quarters from the machines in the lobby of the Mint's HQ, I have not seen a 2009 coin in change.

Scott

Well all I found locally (kansas) was the Zach Taylor dollars; bought 2 rolls. No quarters, dimes, nickels, or even pennies. I have the pennies already so wasn't really trying.

A JFK P half dollar??? Have they sold rolls of those yet? (I don't collect moderns so I don't follow them that closely) If not where did it come from? The mint sets aren't out yet and they didn't make them for circulation.

A JFK P half dollar??? Have they sold rolls of those yet? (I don't collect moderns so I don't follow them that closely) If not where did it come from? The mint sets aren't out yet and they didn't make them for circulation.

You are right Conder. The mint stopped circulating these in 2002. I don't know how a 2009P could be had.

You got me, but my brother did come across one at the conveniance store. (shrug)

There is a slim chance that it is a 2008 but I am most possitive that it is a 2009.

I will look when I get home from work.

OK, I knew that was where it would have had to come from, I just couldn't remember if they had sold them yet this year.