• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What dansco album are you working on?

28 posts in this topic

Well last week I only had 1 dansco and I decided that I want to get more of them.

........so I bought 9 more albums to work on. I was cracking proofs sets like a crazy man!!

What dansco are you working on?

What dansco do you have complete?

Sounds like I am doing the same thing you are right now. Plus I am working on a 7070. *edit* I forgot that I am also working on Circ Large cents and Unc Morgan Dollar Danscos, I know my collection needs more focus. lol

Right now the only Danscos I have that are full are a circulated Peace dollar set and a Circulated Franklin half set. All of the rest of my sets are in Whitman folders/albums. Most of these will probably be transfered to Danscos at some point in the future.

I have 12 danscos as follows:

Lincolns - Complete from 1932 - date

Buffalos: incomplete

Jeffersons: Complete ( to date)

Roosevelts: incomplete

Washington qtr: incomplete

Statehood (no prfs): complete

Kennedys: incomplete

Eisenhower: incomplete

Susan B's: Missing 79 & 81 ty2 proofs

Sacagawea: complete (to date)

ASE's: complete (to date)

Prez dollars: complete (to date)

Sounds like I am doing the same thing you are right now.

Yeah I thought it would be cool to have a full set from 1955-to present. Proof sets and mint sets just take up too much room!!

Working on Lincoln complete

two coins left to acquire

1919 - s vdb (any suggestions?)

1922 "Plain"

Completed sets

V-Nickel

Almost complete

Barber dimes

Jeffersons

Buffalos

Mercuries

Along way to go

Barber Halves

Indian cents

My priorities in order are the Washington quarter set, the proof set run, the circulated Walker set, and then the toned type set.

I do have other album brands that I'm working on too!

As I recently shared, I'm working on a classic commem type set in original, circulated condition but just transferred them from a Dansco to a L of C album.

I have a complete, up to date set of modern commemorative silver dollar collection in Danscos.

I've sold most of the rest to pare down my collection to a more manageable form.

82063.jpg.e4247457da3784d155484b449582cd9a.jpg

82064.jpg.9f3fbae9f5b4b5f703f908f548190aee.jpg

Working on Lincoln complete

two coins left to acquire

1919 - s vdb (any suggestions?)

1922 "Plain"

All 1919-S Lincolns came with VDB in small letters on Linclons shoulder, unless it got filled with grease. ;)

I have a Lincoln set in an Intercept Shield album except for the 1909-S VDB which is in an ANACS holder and the 1914-D in a PCGS holder. Oddly, it was the 1919-D that was the last coin that I added to complete the set. And I do not consider the 1922 "Plain" or the 1955 Doubled Die part of my complete set. I also quit trying to keep up with the memorials around ten years ago.

Other than that, the only album I have is an incomplete Dansco 7070.

All 1919-S Lincolns came with VDB in small letters on Linclons shoulder, unless it got filled with grease. ;)

I think that he meant 1909-S VBD.

I was curious what the proof coins look like after a few years in the album? do they get hazey or cloudy or do they stay clear?

I am not sure about other peoples but I have a Jefferson Dansco and the last time I put any coins into it was before 2000. None of my coins have any toning and the proofs look brand new still. I am not sure about the silver coins. I store my dansco in my dresser with some silica gel packets.

I was curious what the proof coins look like after a few years in the album? do they get hazey or cloudy or do they stay clear?

Most are stable but some acquired some haziness. I went through the set last year and dipped and carefully rinsed the coins that needed it to prevent any toning spots from eating into the skin. I was too late on one of them that had an apparent spittle mark that darkly toned and pitted the surface of a proof community service coin.

I found that the more of the clad and silver proofs in my set of state quarters in Danscos turned hazy than the dollar commems.

I think that he meant 1909-S VBD.

Oops

Yes I meant 1909 s VDB

Sorry about that

I’m working on the $4 Stella album, but it’s tough to find the extra pages for copper and aluminum pieces. The album also includes Metric and Goloid dollars, too.

:)

PS: My album was made by "Darnsco."

I just have one I am working on a Dollar date set 1878-1935. Need 3 more.

That would be a fun set in all original, crusty circulated condition. :cloud9:

Just finished a VG10-XF40 Barber Half set.

Have been playing with early Mercury Dimes.

I'm only going for 1916 to 1931. F15-XF40.

Well, I have a lot of them, some are filled, some are hopelessly incomplete!

Lincolns - Complete from 1923 - date

2-cent/3-cent Nickel: 2-cent is complete, 3-cent hopelessly incomplete

Jeffersons: Complete

Roosevelts: Complete

Washington: Complete

Kennedys: Complete

Morgan: Going for uncs, so hopelessly incomplete

Peace: Complete

SBA: Incomplete

7070: Incomplete (oh so close, just need 2 more silver dollars!)

Well, I have a lot of them, some are filled, some are hopelessly incomplete!

2-cent/3-cent Nickel: 2-cent is complete, 3-cent hopelessly incomplete

I know the feeling, I have been working on the 3cent for a while now. Still looking for the 83 and 85

My Barber dime set still missing 1895 - O

Still trying to get the courage to lay down a grand + for a "penny" albeit a 1909 S VDB NGC VF-20, still it's the only coin missing. Hey, maybe a replica would should try out the spot as i muster the guts (wife approval) to make this investment.

If it weren't for "Key Dates" this would be a breeze!

Still trying to get the courage to lay down a grand + for a "penny" albeit a 1909 S VDB NGC VF-20, still it's the only coin missing. Hey, maybe a replica would should try out the spot as i muster the guts (wife approval) to make this investment.

I've thought about filling that same hole with a replica. I would never be able to afford a real one.

I've thought about filling that same hole with a replica. I would never be able to afford a real one.

I bought a replica for the 1909-S VBD and the 1914-D. Man they look good in MS condition!!

I bought a replica for the 1909-S VBD and the 1914-D. Man they look good in MS condition!!

Talked me into it! I'll just tell people that the "real NGC MS 67 Red 1909 S VDB" is in my safe! :think:

Talked me into it! I'll just tell people that the "real NGC MS 67 Red 1909 S VDB" is in my safe! :think:

I just couldn't put a couple hundred or thousand dollar coin into my album. I will own a graded one some day but this will do for now. Plus the set only cost me $6 on eBay!!

I hope to own a graded one maybe next year though. We have the fall Tucson coin expo here in October, Maybe I can find the Barber dime and the VDB. I am saving money just for the event.