• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best pic you ever took!!

192 posts in this topic

Excellent obverse shot drwstr123. The reverse is a bit out of focus, but still pretty nice.

(and great coin, too!)

You've got a keen eye. Damn PCGS should center their slabs for the money they charge.

Excellent obverse shot drwstr123. The reverse is a bit out of focus, but still pretty nice.

(and great coin, too!)

You've got a keen eye. Damn PCGS should center their slabs for the money they charge.

That would make it too easy, but I'm all for it. I think they get it closer than NGC did on the older slabs. The new ones are centered pretty good.

Nice pic ! I actually snapped a pic of my constitution proof yesterday too. I might have to post it up if its any good !

I forgot to diffuse, so they will be terrible.. still playing around with angle too

Getting there but I cannot get focus right either with auto OR manual !!

Is it that the camera is focusing on the slab ? I tried face detection which seemed to get it a bit sharper for these shots but it is still not right in auto mode.

In manual mode, is it focusing in 1cm increments ? I think I need finer adjustments or should I just be shooting from closer ? I moved the camera to around 30cm for these shots. Would be so much easier if they were raw !

1855o.jpg1855r.jpg

1868obv.jpg1868rev.jpg

1876mobv.jpg1876mrev.jpg

1895sobv.jpg1895srev.jpg

1910sobv.jpg1910srev.jpg

They look like pretty good pics to me. If you don't have a super-macro mode then you can probably get better focus 2 different ways. Macro-mode with macro lenses, or macro mode and make sure that your camera is set-up to take the largest size pics that it can. then you can crop and they should still be of good size pixels. that's all I can think of.

Yep, am set to take Large Superfine pics. I'll keep working at it, I want really sharp focus !

Also thinking of some 1mm pieces of cardboard to put under the slab one by one, a lot easier than trying to move the camera 1 or 2 mm closer

I am still amazed that I took these images. I wish I could remember how I set up the lighting but the images are very accurate.

1922201-001O.jpg

1922201-001R.jpg

Back to this one. I downloaded the file to check what info was stored, quite a bit !

Powershot G2

1/50 sec

F/3.5

266mm from subject

21mm focal length

1/50 sec (actual exposure)

Pattern metering

Hope this helps :D