• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POST YOUR CAMEO COINS!!

69 posts in this topic

Bob, I just wanted to say that I love that classic cameo!

Here's my complete set of cameo 65's. No pic of the quarter, the one pictured is my old ms 68 non cam. I upgraded to a MS 65 cam a bit ago.... I know, but to me that was an upgrade. All coins graded by PCGS.

Who's gonna sell me a new one? This one has some unsightly carbon spots, but it's the only one I've come across in quite some time. I've had this one for years.

MS65Cam

65cn.jpg

MS66Cam

65n.jpg

MS66Cam

65dn.jpg

MS68 and I believe the new owner of the coin, a member here is very happy with this coin.

65q.jpg

MS66Cam this is my more favorite of the two I own. I have an MS67, but it has hazy fields. Too affordable to pass on, but I still love thissun more.

65h.jpg

My 67 cameo set.

MS66Cam, pcgs

67cn.jpg

MS66DCam, pcgs, I don't like the fact they graded this one dcam, I had another that was nicer that got only a cam designation.

67n.jpg

MS67Cam, pcgs. I love this coin. Has some streaky funky toning going on, was a great match for my quarter.... which I miss! :(

67d.jpg

MS67Cam, pcgs. I don't have a pic of my 68 cam coin and this one I've already sold, sorry Matt, I'm posting your coin! This coin is quite special. It has blue and golden highlights. The wings if I remember correctly are toned blue with golden highlights. Absolutely gorgeous!

67cn.jpg

MS67Cam, pcgs, sooooo close to dcam!!

67h.jpg

Seriously?

What do you really find wrong by my post?

No...no.. I was refering to TOM not having any. My reply was to his post. Just suprised.

Seriously?

No...no.. I was refering to TOM not having any. My reply was to his post. Just suprised.

We're gonna need a group hug boys!!

grouphugg.gif

Seriously?

We're gonna need a group hug boys!!

grouphugg.gif

(thumbs u (thumbs u

Seriously?

Yes, seriously. I generally collect type coins and these typically do not receive the cameo or deep cameo designation unless they have been dipped to remove their toning. However, if you follow the link to my registry set, you will find that I do not embrace dipped coinage. Of course, more modern coinage does not need to be dipped to be essentially tone-free, but that is not my collecting niche.

I don't have many CAMEO coins, but here is a nice war nickel CAMEO. I took two different styles of photos. The first is with traditional lighting and the second was with diffused lighting. ENJOY!

JeffersonNickel1942-PSilverNGCPF-11.jpg

JeffersonNickel1942-PSilverNGCPF-12.jpg

Bob,

Very nice indeed. I wish I had just one Barber that looked as handsome as your post. Mostly G to F-12 populates my Barber 1/4 collection.

The photo is stunning

Nice thread Jaime (thumbs u This is probably the "holy grail" of my collection. 1954 DDO PR67DC.

It was love a first site. :D

1954OPCGS.jpg

1954RPCGS.jpg

1954DDO.jpg

But this coin will always be my first love :) In hand the fields are absolutly perfect, like on a modern PF70 series Roosevelt. And the frost is what I call "Thick Chalk". 1957 PF69UC

1957O.jpg1957R.jpg