• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 Nickles

12 posts in this topic

Only ones I have seen are in my proof sets. I check my change and I have yet to come across a 2009 dime or nickel. My bank... has none.

the 2009 P are goin for over 40.00 EACH on ebay. i saw one auction end at 56.00 for one!

They've come down some then. Several went for over $100 each and the highest one I know of went for $118. And yes those were for individual coins.

In life its who you know not what you know.There are a few people on the other forum in town who can get all they want. One has a relative who is a manager in a bank outside of the continental US and the other is a serviceman stationed in the middle east.In each case the supply of us coins is so low in those areas that the new coins are ordered there.At least one of these guys are selling all he can on a certain auction site. The main reason why we dont see them is the glut of coins being redeemed by the public.That means that your local bank wont order more coins since they have more than enough older ones.This probably also applies to the 2009 lincoln cents.

In life its who you know not what you know.There are a few people on the other forum in town who can get all they want. One has a relative who is a manager in a bank outside of the continental US and the other is a serviceman stationed in the middle east.In each case the supply of us coins is so low in those areas that the new coins are ordered there.At least one of these guys are selling all he can on a certain auction site. The main reason why we dont see them is the glut of coins being redeemed by the public.That means that your local bank wont order more coins since they have more than enough older ones.This probably also applies to the 2009 lincoln cents.

Figures... Always a select few getting the treats. :tonofbricks:

I spread the message to my co-workers, that I can double their money and will give them 10 cents for every 2009 nickel they have. Some might be hold-outs so I may have to give them 15 cents.

the 2009 P are goin for over 40.00 EACH on ebay. i saw one auction end at 56.00 for one!

They've come down some then. Several went for over $100 each and the highest one I know of went for $118. And yes those were for individual coins.

Those prices are insane. They should sell for exactly face value.

I have not seen any from the Denver mint online at all either. I will be checking the bank tomorrow.

Has anyone seen any Denver mint nickels?

If the premium lasts a couple months (unlikely) I will have the misfortune of being in Iraq so I will check it out and see if they are in fact available overseas. My last two trips they use cardboard pogs for currency...lol.