• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two 1908 S IHC's which would you select if so inclined?

15 posts in this topic

If you so wished to have one of these coins(if you don't like either thats fine, but not the point), which would you select and why? Both are MS64RB coins slabbed--the first coin by PCGS and the second by NGC.

Thanks

Jim

1908SIHCNGCMS64RBHJBerk060409INHAND.jpg

1908SIHCNGCMS64RBHJBerk060409.jpg

I prefer the first one. It looks more original, and there's nothing (especially enticing) about the second one that overcomes that.

Both are MS64RB coins slabbed by PCGS.
Did the second one get crossed from NGC to PCGS recently? It was said to be NGC MS64RB when you posted it previously.

If these colors are accurate, I would unquestionably pass on both coins. This is too available of a semi-key date not to hold out for one that's a little nicer than either.

If these colors are accurate, I would unquestionably pass on both coins. This is too available of a semi-key date not to hold out for one that's a little nicer than either.
But that wasn't his question. :devil:

I prefer the first one. It looks more original, and there's nothing (especially enticing) about the second one that overcomes that.

I agree with this!

But that wasn't his question. :devil:

Well, if you put it THAT way ... lol, I am inclined to take #2. The first coin looks like it has a corrosion spot right on the date. But again, it's really tough to glean much from these images.

I like number 2, but these image comparisons are difficult. I always did like a little 'woodgrain' in my small cents.....

Paul