• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When you submit Bust halves do they automatically get attributed as to Overton?

12 posts in this topic

As I understand it, the cost of attribution is something extra per coin. I've been told that on occasion, an obvious die-marriage will be attributed at not cost.

NGC does not even distinguish Large Date/Small Date, Curl 2/Square 2 etc unless you pay for variety attribution. PCGS charges $ 20 a coin for the Overton #'s on the holder.

NGC does not even distinguish Large Date/Small Date, Curl 2/Square 2 etc unless you pay for variety attribution. PCGS charges $ 20 a coin for the Overton #'s on the holder.

True, and PCGS actually raised their fee to $24, and coins must be submitted seperately from regular grading coins.

Then when you get the coins back, double check the attributions because they are wrong often enough to be a problem. More often from PCGS than NGC. Never trust a TPG attribution blindly.

I have no experience with Overtons and PCGS, but the nice thing about NGC is that when you submit and pay the $7 for the designation, even if the coin comes back bodybagged, they still note their attribution on the tag.

I don't know what you think of ICG,but I just went to their website and they are charging $20 + 5 for grading + varieties for 21 days and $30 + 5 for 15 days. Sees to me ICG is now more expensive than anyone else.Here's an example of ICG's bust attribution.Just bought this one.

80644.jpg.e29c62fbbeae1722713ec7736c237923.jpg

Then when you get the coins back, double check the attributions because they are wrong often enough to be a problem. More often from PCGS than NGC. Never trust a TPG attribution blindly.

(thumbs u