• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oregon... maybe my best pics ever.

16 posts in this topic

Very nice pics. I saw something the other day posted by Mark Goodman ATS. He said if you are having focus problems or it seems just a bit off, then focus on the fields and not the relief.

I agree a nice set of photos. Only thing I would say it throw a tad more light on the coin and bingo you will have killer images. Nice work and good coin!

Super coin and image! :) It won't be long and you'll be wanting a dedicated Macro Len's.

Not to be repetitive, but nice coin & images!!!

As I mentioned once before the Oregon is my favorite comemmorative along with Texas & Connecticut. I've been trying real hard lately to improve my pics so I know your pain. And believe me , it's a great feeling when you're able to produce a good pic. But if you're anything like me, you're going to end up taking additional pics of that same coin & still improve a bit more.

Keep up the good work :applause:

I agree a nice set of photos. Only thing I would say it throw a tad more light on the coin and bingo you will have killer images. Nice work and good coin!

(thumbs u

Great pics,

Now that you have the manual focus down you can really start playing with the lighting. A lot of the coin seems dark and as others have mentioned you could use a bit more light. It's ok if there are a couple of bright spots if the rest of the coin shows luster to compensate. :)