• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My "Sunset" Commems... (big pic warning)

17 posts in this topic

ummmmm don't take this the wrong way because the coins look to be very nice and others are saying something different but....

Those are not great pics :sorry:

Clarity and focus ...yes but they are much to dark...you need a lot more lighting to capture the color and luster :foryou:

Are you using multipel light sources? What type of bulbs, wattage etc? I would like to provide some tips rather then just making a comment about the lighting and leaving it at that....those coins lok like they are nice and original so properly lit...the images could make then look that much better (thumbs u

ummmmm don't take this the wrong way because the coins look to be very nice and others are saying something different but....

Clarity and focus ...yes but they are much to dark...you need a lot more lighting to capture the color and luster :foryou:

Are you using multipel light sources? What type of bulbs, wattage etc? I would like to provide some tips rather then just making a comment about the lighting and leaving it at that....those coins lok like they are nice and original so properly lit...the images could make then look that much better (thumbs u

No offense taken and you are spot on. My other camera broke so I got a new D60 and these are some pics I took while trying to learn the new camera. There actually was a lot of light available but my settings weren't right. I'm using two 13 watt Ott lights (tubes). While these turned out dark I thought they were kind of "artsy" in a way. I'm still figuring out the new camera. I need to give it a little longer exposure.

Now that is the color I prefer(even above green). Absolutely, gorgeous coins, Richard. Congrats on having these two.

BTW, I agree with FilthyHoard-the Connecticut, Texas and Oregon are three of my most favorite commems.

Jim

Shane i think you missed the drift of these photos, hence the op's reference to sunset. or perhaps twilight would be another metaphor. (shrug)

Shane i think you missed the drift of these photos, hence the op's reference to sunset. or perhaps twilight would be another metaphor. (shrug)

I did ...sorry lol