• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you happen to see the most beautiful lady...

9 posts in this topic

While I think the design is beautiful and I can understand grading rarer coins a tiny bit easier, grading this coin MS66 is bad. Her face has been beaten with a bat and she's been slashed all over. It looks to be of the same quality of the MS63 they sold back in Feb.

Nasty high-price coinses! insane.gif Jeff, your mission is to obtain both of those. But I have to agree with Greg that they appear over-graded. 893whatthe.gif

Hoot

While I can't debate the market grading on rarer Saints since it happens far too frequently, I would point out that enlarged photos tend to exaggerate flaws, especially bag marks and nicks on the high points. The face on the other hand is a problem. Compared to this common date:

336154058o.jpg

the grading doesn't seem so far out of line. Of course, compare any Saint to an AGE, and you're bound to be disappointed in the Saint.

Well hoot, I'll do my best to get them! 893whatthe.gif I cannot really dispute your contentions on the grading since I haven't seen them in person, but I don't consider the grade out of line, especially on coins like the 31 and 32 which do not really trade on a grade basis. These coins are extrememely rare regardless of what the slab says, unlike many other issues where the grade itself creates the rarity of the coin. My uneducated guess is that the 31 will go for around $60K and the 32 will go for around $75K.

Well hoot, I'll do my best to get them! 893whatthe.gif I cannot really dispute your contentions on the grading since I haven't seen them in person, but I don't consider the grade out of line, especially on coins like the 31 and 32 which do not really trade on a grade basis. These coins are extrememely rare regardless of what the slab says, unlike many other issues where the grade itself creates the rarity of the coin. My uneducated guess is that the 31 will go for around $60K and the 32 will go for around $75K.

Chump change! laugh.gif

stooges.gif

I reckon you're right all the way around Jeff. And the market grades of Saints I am not familiar with. I've never seen a 31 or 32 go up for auction. They could bring down silly money, even for what rarities they are.

Hoot

Jeff, I certainly respect you as a person and as a numismatist and your opinion carries alot of weight with me but I find a grade of ms-66 to be criminal on this Saint, regardless of rarity.