• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fancy doing sales on eBay .. a learning experience

15 posts in this topic

Hi all just thought i would show you some of the mails received after my last sale of 186 items .. is the world mad or is it just me ???lol

"Dear doolyscoins,

dear seller

i have found in the package, arrived this morning, less coins than in the photo, for example the coin in blister.....it's arrived empty....

kind regards

Paolo"

(Don't think so ! nice try though)

Another item ?? Just pay for the item !!!

Hello !

How are you doing ?

I dearly hope, that you are fine ?!?

Please excuse greatly my belated answer!

I really DIDN`T want to be unpolite !!

Honestly, it`s because, I was away from home for a couple of days ( due to job )!

I beg you sincerely pardon !!!

I`m very happy to have won your pretty GEORGE IV

medalion !!

May I still ask you kindly, whether you maybe have still something on

GEORGE IV ( reigned 1820 - 1830 ) ?

From his time as Prince of Wales, Prince Regent or king ??

NO MATTER WHAT on GEORGE IV !!!!

Maybe still a medal / medalion, coin, token, brooch, etc. ?

This would be superb!

Please tell me !!

Then we could combine the postage!

Maybe you can still help me ?

I`m very delighted to hear from you !!!

Enjoy a lovely + sunny weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks soooo soooo soooo much !!

Warm regards ---- Steffi

- kelsch2

This one makes me scratch my head !!!!Dear doolyscoins,

Hi ,dont send me the 4 pennies with signed for mail,if you want to (with the difference)send me another coin ,I collect pence,Regards George

- pizellino

What can i say !!!

Dear doolyscoins,

man I just lost by a matter of seconds. Do you have another collection of blank planchet coins like that you will be putting on again. I really wanted to win those. You have no idea how upset I am I just lost that. Please help me out if you can. Thank you so much. I cant believe he outbid me in a matter of seconds.

- skullexus850

Thanks ?

Dear doolyscoins,

Coins paid for, thanks for postage discount wasn't expecting that much as 1st class recorded for that many coins will cost you more than that, then again I often do the same.

Thanks

Richard

- monrich73

It would have been nice to know which item they were talking about ?Dear doolyscoins,

Wow! What a dramatic finish! that I've never witnessed before! Bidder #4 jacking it up GBP 10+ on Bidder #3 who must be outraged! #4 in at 6 seconds to end, and then a final push by bidder 3 either fast on the draw with two computers or just to try to guarantee a win, but happy to have won same as about my same # in rank bid/win, me already having a similar Boston medal of such so let this pass, but if you do get more and without a "feeding frenzy" please let me know, as I'd pay a little more than what I bid if any 2nd chance offer. Thanks, and "Happy Trails" to you, - Joe

- mrtideman

Next one from Joe .. still know idea which item

Dear doolyscoins,

Now you can see what Bidder #1 would really pay, eh? You're welcome. (;-) - Joe

- mrtideman

???? interesting email !!!

Dear doolyscoins,

hello,

I have an interesting question for you.

do you really think anyone cares to spend more for postage than the coin is worth?

AND, as it happened to me, what will you do if the buyer makes a statement: the envelope was empty? yes, registered but empty...

is it reallyb worth to upset a prospectve buyer by increasing the cost for a coin by the registered cost?

And.. did you EVER make a claim with FEEPAL????

you are4 guilty before you know what happened....and they give you the run around like there is no tomorrow...

i received negative ratings because the SO who sold the coins was unhappy because I did not like

that he used tricky photograpgy to hide defects and did not declare one coin was cleaned...

it took 8 weeks for FEEebay and PayFEEpal to settle.....however not before I was out $65....

they would just not answer my emails anymore

and the emails they sent, when they di came eithetr from Luxembourg, India or Rumania.

however, it is your choice

good luck

Helmut

- hhbkiddo

Hope you enjoyed them as much as i did :applause:

It sounds like you have a lot more people across the pond that like to give out more info than we have over here. Of course, some of it I could live without. lol

Well, Dooly, those are definitely unique. I am assuming that some of them are from non-English countries. Just recently I have received odd (but not as odd as those) notes from a buyer in Spain and the Netherlands written in "English" that were pretty hard to interpret. The international buyer is trying to communicate in English...obviously not their first language but you have to give them an "A" for effort. When I answer, I type my text in English, translate it for free on googlefish into the native language of the sender, copy/paste and reply in the buyer's language. If this prompts more communication in the foreign language, I just highlight it and take it back to googlefish to get it translated back into English. A bit of work...but it seems to work out OK.

Last year when a $200 Sicily coin went "missing" on it's way to Italy, the buyer made a good effort to communicate in English...but man...it took some figuring out. I wrote him back in Italian (thanks to googlefish) and after about 4 months of communication back and forth translating from Italian to English and English to Italian, we finally resolved the matter. (Coin was probably swiped somewhere...good thing I had it registered.)

As far as your e-mails from the English speakers, ya' hate to be rude but I think I would just delete and move on.

Yes, there are some very interesting people out there somewhere.... :roflmao:

The one saying dont send signed for means send standard post, if you want to give him a bonus for the difference in cost, send him any pence

The one saying dont send signed for means send standard post, if you want to give him a bonus for the difference in cost, send him any pence

Well done .. i can see it now >> i will do that then (thumbs u

These don't seem out of line. As eBay moves toward being more buyer friendly, the collective IQ of the users drops. I ignore at least 1/3 of all the questions as they are just too stupid or I can't understand them.

And since feedback is now useless, make sure you set your Buyer Requirements to automatically block bidders with too many strikes. I have mine set to 2 strikes in 12 months and since eBay automatically removes their first strike, that means you were a deadbeat at least 3 times in the past year.

Look at my last month of blocks of deadbeats:

BuyerLog.jpg

Greg are you no longer posting your ebay auctions in the bst? I enjoyed seeing the variety of coins that you offered.

I only did that occasionally. However, I can post a highlight of my current auctions there.

Greg are you no longer posting your ebay auctions in the bst? I enjoyed seeing the variety of coins that you offered.

I only did that occasionally. However, I can post a highlight of my current auctions there.

Yeah please do. I'll add you to my favorite sellers so I can see your future auctions. Thanks!

Yeah, I always enjoyed it too. But, that was before I got dial up. Since I'm so rural right now, dial up is the only option I have besides satellite which requires a 2 year contract. And I'm here to tell ya, dial up bites the big one when you're used to DSL!

light at the end of the tunnel, After having to wait until the burden of commitments finishes at the weekend before I can go detecting...or so I thought.I have managed to find some hours possibly with my garrett so I think I will spend some time in dover after an appointment I have. HAPPY HUNTING TO ME. :applause: