• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue IHC - RESULTS!

26 posts in this topic

:P
lol

Apairently a lot of these were Laquered and these were actually blue under the laquer and a soak in acitone will remove the laquer and the blue will Shine right through...

At least That is what I remember Mr Snow posting as an explanation when he was press ATS...

Pretty obvious the sellers images were concentrated in grape juice...yours are of a IHC that would have readily slabbed at any service.

They are gambles when you buy from pictures alone, but for something under a $20 bill it's worth a chance sometimes...this time you won.

Is it just my eyes but who here is able to read the grade on the new NGC holder, so can someone enlighten me as to the grade?

And yes the first photo is very deceptive in the blue coloring of the IHC where as the color in the ngc slab is much more toned down and digestable. If the last photo was shown first I don't believe anybody here would have barked. Any way great pickup from such a terrible photo, but I have taken the same gamble recently and will be sending mine in for grading next week, i should be so fortunate!

Is it just my eyes but who here is able to read the grade on the new NGC holder, so can someone enlighten me as to the grade?

If you click the picture it will enlarges the coin. It graded MS64 BN!!

No matter, I'm in the camp of guys who think the first photo was juiced to make it look more blue/purple than it really was. I like the color in the slab photos, but I would have still put it as a toss up as to whether it would have slabbed or not.

That's a lot better than the 65, 66 and 67 grades these used to get.

You're thinking of the proofs, not MS examples. MS examples were always limited to the lower MS grades. The proofs still get those lofty 65-67 grades. :cloud9:

That's a lot better than the 65, 66 and 67 grades these used to get.

You're thinking of the proofs, not MS examples. MS examples were always limited to the lower MS grades. The proofs still get those lofty 65-67 grades. :cloud9:

You're right. Thanks for the clarification. :)