• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Put on your sunglasses - some new Bob Campbell pics!

13 posts in this topic

I recently sent a dozen coins to Bob, which he very generously, and very skillfully, photographed for me. I believe I've posted them all on the boards before, but here are all new pics! This thread will have the first few, and I'll post more occassionally so as to not overwhelm y'all.

Got these two in a put together mint set. The half dollar isn't nearly as impressive, but these two match quite nicely.

1960RoosObv_013.jpg

1960RoosRev_comp1.jpg

1960WashObv_026.jpg

1960WashRev_016-1.jpg

Got this one in another put together mint set. The quarter and half are nice, but not this nice.

1964DroosObv_006-1.jpg

1964DroosRev_009.jpg

Got this one from Jon, aka pccoins

1958D2FrankObv_014.jpg

1958D2FrankRev_002.jpg

Great images and coins. Too bad about the finger print on the first one.

Ah, but see, I have you fooled! That is not a fingerprint - it is a very special toning pattern usually only seen on coins of the late 50's and early 60's. (1960 seems to be the most common date, which is of course a relative usage of the word "common") I've only seen a few like this. Skyman has an amazing half dollar in his set with this diagonal striped toning. I've heard that it is due to the way the stock was rolled, but I'm not entirely sure what causes it. All I know is that it is highly uncommon, and completely natural. And its not a fingerprint!

Oh yes, that's the one. I haven't seen your pictures of it, Bob, only the one he's got on his registry set. Wow. This is the only other one I've got with that pattern, but its not very impressive.

Hey, does anyone else have any stripey toners of this brand? Post 'em if you've got 'em!

IMG_2553.jpg

I must admit, I have now returned to this page 3 times and looked at your 1958-D Franklin....super coin, the light brown/gold also seem to be in wonderful locations to give it a natural "artist shading" look...under the cheekbone, under the chin, deep recesses of the hair...plus the variety of field colors ...it's the type of coin I really love...unique...I call first dibs if you ever decide to sell !!

I must admit, I have now returned to this page 3 times and looked at your 1958-D Franklin....super coin, the light brown/gold also seem to be in wonderful locations to give it a natural "artist shading" look...under the cheekbone, under the chin, deep recesses of the hair...plus the variety of field colors ...it's the type of coin I really love...unique...I call first dibs if you ever decide to sell !!

Problem is, I realize exactly what I bought, that's why I bought it ;) . You probably won't get most of my toners out of my collection till you pry them from my estate sale after I'm gone. lol Thanks for the kind words though!

Great images and coins. Too bad about the finger print on the first one.

I'm not sure. I think the lines are too straight to be a finger print. Whatever it is, I sure as hell like it.

Great looking coins.

(thumbs u