• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1922 No D or Weak D......What say you?

12 posts in this topic

I know you're probably going to say weak D, but based on the pics, I would say no D. Maybe if the area was a bit lighter it would be easier to tell.

I know you're probably going to say weak D, but based on the pics, I would say no D. Maybe if the area was a bit lighter it would be easier to tell.

I agree with Bob. If you look hard enough it looks to maybe have a small bump around where the mintmark might be but at a glance, looks like no D.

I think this would be notated as a "no" D 1922 Lincoln cent. I see no sign of a weak D. I'm not sure this would be the more coveted type 2 Die due to the wear on the reverse and is more than likely a #1 or #3 die pair. JMO

Jim

WEAK d

really hard to tell from the poor quality photo i would truly need to see it inhand sight seen and tilt it in the light to be sure

please post a better tilted photo

I believe that the only die pair that's recognized as a NO D in today's market is the strong reverse. I believe that's the #2 die pair. If the reverse isn't strong it's either a #1 or #3 die pair. Therefore it would technically be a WEAK D regardless of the fact you can't see a D at all.

I believe that's the #2 die pair.

That's why I asked if the reverse was slightly rotated counter-clockwise, since the #2 die has a slightly rotated reverse (5 degrees or so).

Ribbit :)

Ps: The #2 die also has a weak L in LIBERTY. ;)