• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Pics of your New Orleans Coins

37 posts in this topic

Especially your Morgans. Lots of pictures, please! I am looking for the weakest struck examples you have, preferrably, but I want to see them all. Yeah, might sound crazy, but Roger has me curious....

Great O mint coins, everyone, keep them coming!

Does anyone have a New Orleans coin with surface roughness? What I'm looking for is something resembling my 1953S. It might be a little difficult to see exactly what I'm talking about with these images, but you get the idea.

140844-007O.jpg

Bobby's '82-O almost makes the roughness criteria. Many "O" mint Morgans from the 1880-85-O have rough finishs but they don't look like Franklins because of planchet prep differences.

Bobby's '82-O almost makes the roughness criteria. Many "O" mint Morgans from the 1880-85-O have rough finishs but they don't look like Franklins because of planchet prep differences.

And there, my friend, you have hit upon exactly what I am trying to figure out.

Except for several circulated, common date Morgans, here is the extent of my "O" mint type coins. The quarter AU 50 (ANACS), the 1844 half BB"d by PCGS as cleaned (darn if I could tell...she actually has some pretty blue gold and pink around the edges...but they're the experts), and the 1858 half XF 45 SEGS (purchased in my "early ignorance slab days"). Ya' know, now that I see the 1844 "blown up", I think I see hairlines from a cleaning. I have another seated half that I would like to post in this thread...raw...would you guys let me know if you think IT is cleaned too? Was going to PCGS it with 1 of my 10 free submissions...should I save the submission??

omint001-1.jpg

omint002-1.jpg

omint003-1.jpg

omint004-1-1.jpg

omint005-1.jpg

omint006-1.jpg

My collection has changed dramatically the past 2 years. Unfortunately some had to go in order to fund a new direction. I guess it depends on who you talk to if it was a wise move or not. Some would think it crazy to sell gold and silver in order to collect pennies and nickels. :screwy: