• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest NGC submission results

15 posts in this topic

Ok, so when I renewed in November I got 5 free submissions. I really didn't have a lot to send in so I looked at some slabbed coins that I had and decided to send these coins:

1870 Seated Qtr NGC PF 64:

1870ProofSLQ64.jpg

1870ProofSLQ64-1.jpg

I thought it desered a CAMEO and here is what I received:

001 1870 25C PF 65 CAMEO :banana::cloud9:

1870 2c PCGS OGH PF65RB:

1870Proof2C65RB-1.jpg

1870Proof2C65RB.jpg

Wasn't expecting much but thought it might change seeing that it is in an OGH, received same grade.

002 1870 2c PF 65 RB

1870-S Double Eagle Liberty PCGS OGH XF45:

1870S20XF45.jpg

Wasn't expecting much but thought it might change seeing that it is in an OGH, received same grade.

003 1870 S $20 XF 45

1904 Eagle Libery PCGS Rattler XF45

190410XF45.jpg

This I am surprixed about and don't agree with the results

004 1904 $10 MS IMPROPERLY CLEANED :acclaim:

This last one was just something to make it five coins. No picture but it was in a rattler MS 64 before.

005 1883 NO CENTS 5C MS 64

...Wasn't expecting much but thought it might change seeing that it is in an OGH...
The fact that a coin is in an older holder has nothing to do with whether it deserves to (or will) upgrade/change. There are nice coins and terrible coins in older holders, and it will be the coins, not the holders,upon which the graders make their determinations.

With the exception of the 1904 $10, you did very well. The 1870 Cameo Quarter certainly softened the blow. That was a fabulous upgrade. After seeing the coin in hand, I think the graders were right on the mark. :golfclap:

Dwaine, sorry your eagle's wings got clipped, but what a great upgrade on your LSQuarter. Beautiful coin. The second set of pics show why this occurred.

Jim

Dwaine, sorry your eagle's wings got clipped, but what a great upgrade on your LSQuarter. Beautiful coin. The second set of pics show why this occurred.

Jim

(thumbs u

Yes, I am quite exited about the upgrade and cameo. I was kind of expecting the cameo but not the upgrade. The others were not bad but was disappointed about the Eagle. I may try to submit it again or it may just go in my 7070 album when I get it back.

I have cracked out several PCGS OGH and sent into NGC hoping for an upgrade. They both came the same grade. Did you crack them out before submitting? I have never tried crossing over in a holder.

[q]I hope you made a lot of money on that 1870 Quarter, because you threw some money out the window getting rid of the OGHs :( [/q]

I would certainly think that the difference in value in the up-graded quarter would easily more than offset any lost OGH premium, if applicable, on other coins.

With the exception of the 1904 $10, you did very well. The 1870 Cameo Quarter certainly softened the blow. That was a fabulous upgrade. After seeing the coin in hand, I think the graders were right on the mark. :golfclap:

Congrats Dwaine. (thumbs u ^^

I am taking a beating ATS on this same topic about submitting PCGS OGH coins to NGC.
Haha, what did you expect? I imagine you'd probably get a similar (although not quite so harsh) talking to for submitting NGC fatties, although NGC fans usually aren't quite so thirsty if you know what I mean. Nice coins, by the way, especially that quarter.

Dang, Dwaine, what a score on the proof quarter! I should have sent my classic proofs to NGC instead of PCGS. I prefer NGC's peoples but like PCGS' holders much more, 'tis the reason for submitting over there.

They were very harsh on me in November but lightened up in December. I'm glad to see that NGC is being reasonable instead of so harsh in their grading like I've heard they've been.

Congrats. Love that cameo and love the look of your gold! All are very desirable collector coins.

I am taking a beating ATS on this same topic about submitting PCGS OGH coins to NGC.

of course; a mean spirited place and racist/discriminatory/elitist ats

did you really eXPECT ANYTHING DIFFERENT???????????

it is all about the holder and nothing to do about the coin

That Quarter has NASTY field abrasions ... I will surely take it off your hands whilst you search for a replacement coin......

hahahhaha Nice Score bud !@

First is a beauty isn't she !

Cleaned one has obvious scratches, some of which look parallel, always a bad sign

NGC has tightened standards on bodybagging apparently. Well, PCGS too from how it was said.